Georgia and Ohio State

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Needs to remain 4. Last thing I want is a watered down playoff. Georgia doesn't get blown out, they are in.
Four is two too many, but if they are going to have a playoff, six would be better than four. Play #6 at #3, #5 at #4, and then go on to the Semifinals. Watered down would be #1 having to play #8.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No doubt in my mind that GA deserved to be in this year ahead of OSU, as did the Sooners. You can't let fan reaction alter reality, or affect your way of thinking.

They got it right - again. Congratulations to the committee.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Last edited:

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I can't speak for the nation, but if bama ever ends up 5th, that's where they'll deserve to be. Win the games and leave no doubt or lose and end up like last year, hoping...

And I guarantee I'll feel that way when it happens, as that's precisely how I felt last year. If you can't make the top four, you have no claim to being the best team in the country.
Agree wholeheartedly. There were enough talking heads clamoring that Bama would STILL be in with a loss to UGA, and I disagreed with them. Right or wrong, Bama had been overwhelmingly complete all season, but that conference title game has to count for something. Different season than last year, as we had the one loss and didn't PLAY in the conference title, with our only loss being to one of the two participants in that game. We deserved to be in the final 4 last year, and then we went and backed up that choice, by winning it all. This season, losing the conference title game, and that being our only loss, should remove us from consideration over 3 other teams who DID win their conference title games, and Notre Dame, who gets a pass in my eyes because they MUST run the table since they don't have a conference title game. And they did. They belong. But so does the conference title winner from the SEC, the Big 10, the Big 12, ACC, Pac 12. It just so happens that the conference champs from the PAC 12 and the Big 10 had not done enough during the year to justify it, with Ohio State getting an edge based on overall record and an impressive win over Michigan.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I think UGA is probably one of the 4 best teams - I debate whether ND is... At the end of the day I think enough of the committee members just said "they had their shot on a somewhat less than neutral field just this weekend. No reason to give them another one given their 20 point loss to LSU."

I don't disagree entirely, but I just wonder how the Bama Nation perspective might change when we are ranked at 5 or 6 on the outside looking in.

It's hard to say the top six would have been a watered down version of talent. Not sure I'd say that about the top 8. So there is a fine line.
It would be a hard pill to swallow. It would still be the right call.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I wonder how it all would have shaken out under the old BCS Formula...

Doesn't somebody, somewhere maintain that just for conversation sake? :conf3:
That would have been really interesting since Notre Dame is #3. The media would have lost their minds had Notre Dame been left out of the NC game at 12-0, but there would have been no way to leave out Bama or Clemson. It would have been a disaster.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
That would have been really interesting since Notre Dame is #3. The media would have lost their minds had Notre Dame been left out of the NC game at 12-0, but there would have been no way to leave out Bama or Clemson. It would have been a disaster.
That might have been the perfect way to get Notre Dame football to join a conference.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think we should go back to the old system of just the two tops teams playing for the championship.

This year it would be Clemson and Bama.

That would solve ALL the whining! :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.