ESPN Article - Jalen Hurts

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25428683/jalen-hurts-alabama-comeback-leads-tide-georgia

As Hurts exited the interview and headed toward the locker room to leave, he made a quick pit stop. A young boy had been leaning over the railing the entire time, calling on the quarterback who seemed to have blinders on the entire night. But Hurts had noticed and jogged over to hand him his wristbands.

"Since you were sitting here and waiting the whole time," Hurts told him.

For both him and the boy, the wait must have been worth it.

Hurts didn't need to say anything more to punctuate his performance that night. He could leave knowing the storybook ending had written itself.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Great read, thanks for sharing!

Just a great young man, if I remember correctly, didn't another poster here post about a similar meeting Jalen experience he had with his child as well? Just says a lot about his character.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I am a teacher in Augusta, Ga. Nearly all of the students here are UGA fans with a few Clemson fans (and two UCheat fans). Today, after the obligatory whining about the refs, the conversation changed to Jalen. Most agreed it was a cool story to see even though it cost them a shot in the Alabama Invitational CFP. I thought that was pretty mature of 8th graders.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think Jalen learned a valuable life lesson that turned out very well. He will influence other men and women by what he did. Great young man!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.