North Carolina GOP under investigation for systematic election fraud - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Re: North Carolina GOP under investigation for systematic election fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I thought they found them in Miami?

Honestly, the crickets are deafening because almost all of the conservative posters have left the board. I dropped by for a week, but I'm about to fly out to Mexico as part of my ongoing documentary of secret trade of Mesicun Midget Trannies. It's a nail biter.
    I imagine they've left out of embarrassment over having supported both Trump and the current version of the GOP.

The latest news I've seen on this North Carolina deal is that the state GOP just might be open to another vote. As far as I'm concerned, the rule ought to be if you get caught cheating trying to win, you don't get to declare a mulligan and vote again. The winner should be the one that did not cheat after they voted the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    I imagine they've left out of embarrassment over having supported both Trump and the current version of the GOP.
    what in your last 17 years here leads you to think they are capable of feeling embarrassment?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    what in your last 17 years here leads you to think they are capable of feeling embarrassment?
    You are right.

Maybe the snowflakes finally melted.

The latest news I've seen on this North Carolina deal is that the state GOP just might be open to another vote. As far as I'm concerned, the rule ought to be if you get caught cheating trying to win, you don't get to declare a mulligan and vote again. The winner should be the one that did not cheat after they voted the first time.
    I'd say they are free to introduce a new candidate but the cheater should be disqualified and indicted
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'd say they are free to introduce a new candidate but the cheater should be disqualified and indicted
    I would agree if it was isloalted to the candidate or the people working for him. I saw a report that suggested the state GOP had been warned this was going on before the election was held, and did not try to stop it. When the cheating is condoned by the party and not just done by a candidate or their workers, they should forfeit the election, in my opinion.

I would agree if it was isloalted to the candidate or the people working for him. I saw a report that suggested the state GOP had been warned this was going on before the election was held, and did not try to stop it. When the cheating is condoned by the party and not just done by a candidate or their workers, they should forfeit the election, in my opinion.
    fully agree, did not know that level of detail
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

As close as the vote was, I would suspect any backlash, however slight, will help the Democrat win the re-vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    As close as the vote was, I would suspect any backlash, however slight, will help the Democrat win the re-vote.

1000 votes thrown away (that we know of) and a 905 vote difference in the first race I don't think the Dem needed the backlash to win just a level playing field

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

N.C. elections board alerted prosecutors to alleged 2016 ballot harvesting, but nothing happened

I'm stealing a summary of this story from reddit. This is bonkers, yet completely expected. GOP, we have found the election fraud, and it is thine.

Dowless told the people harvesting ballots to suggest candidates to voters. When he found out that he was being investigated, he contacted the ballot harvesters and told them what to say if they were contacted by investigators.

And after Dowless won his election to be the local soil and water district supervisor, he filed an protest with the election board. About his own race. Even though he won. He said it had to be done because there was a high volume of write-in votes, which was suspicious.

Part of his evidence was an affidavit from a voter who complained about Dowless' ballot harvesting efforts. The affidavit apparently didn't mention Dowless by name, and he led the election board to think the improper conduct was done by a local PAC associated with Democrats.

He even recruited people to show up at the hearing and say they witnessed voter fraud. They were told that they would be provided with evidence, and they just needed to show up at the hearing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I still donít understand why so many people handed their ballot to a stranger who knocked on their door.

This is why I donít like mail in voting or taking home an absentee ballot. Every state should have early voting for a month and only allow absentee ballots for people deployed out of the area or who have health issues.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    That's actually quite funny. Typically, whenever a GOP member gets caught doing something immoral, unethical or illegal, they tend to resign. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to fight, deny, and continue as if nothing was really wrong to begin with. But you keep doing you and don't stop believing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I still don’t understand why so many people handed their ballot to a stranger who knocked on their door.

This is why I don’t like mail in voting or taking home an absentee ballot. Every state should have early voting for a month and only allow absentee ballots for people deployed out of the area or who have health issues.

Because, in the end, people as a whole are naÔve and stupid.