North Carolina GOP under investigation for systematic election fraud

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I was one that thought we needed IDs. However i thought that any state or federal ID would suffice and that any legal citizen would have no problem voting. (It should only block non-citizens from voting.) Then this election I could not vote. I have voted in multiple elections and have only been a citizen since birth. I have no problem with voter ID laws if they work as intended but when they victimize US citizens I draw the line.
"as intended" is often keeping non white people from voting. See North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and elsewhere

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I think only Presbyterians, Lutherans and Episcopalians should be able to hold office anyway. Just my .02. ;)

To quote "A River Runs Through it" - They were Methodist, a denomination my father always referred to as Baptists who could read.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Lordy, these crickets are deafening.

Over a thousand absentee ballots possibly destroyed in controversial North Carolina House race

Over a thousand absentee ballots from likely Democratic voters may have been destroyed in the race for North Carolina's 9th Congressional District last month as allegations of fraud on behalf of the Republican candidate mount.

“You’re looking at several thousand, possibly 2,000 absentee ballot requests from this most recent election. About 40 percent of those, it appears, at this point may not have been returned,” Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman told CNN.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I thought they found them in Miami? ;)

Honestly, the crickets are deafening because almost all of the conservative posters have left the board. I dropped by for a week, but I'm about to fly out to Mexico as part of my ongoing documentary of secret trade of Mesicun Midget Trannies. It's a nail biter.
I imagine they've left out of embarrassment over having supported both Trump and the current version of the GOP.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The latest news I've seen on this North Carolina deal is that the state GOP just might be open to another vote. As far as I'm concerned, the rule ought to be if you get caught cheating trying to win, you don't get to declare a mulligan and vote again. The winner should be the one that did not cheat after they voted the first time.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The latest news I've seen on this North Carolina deal is that the state GOP just might be open to another vote. As far as I'm concerned, the rule ought to be if you get caught cheating trying to win, you don't get to declare a mulligan and vote again. The winner should be the one that did not cheat after they voted the first time.
I'd say they are free to introduce a new candidate but the cheater should be disqualified and indicted

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'd say they are free to introduce a new candidate but the cheater should be disqualified and indicted
I would agree if it was isloalted to the candidate or the people working for him. I saw a report that suggested the state GOP had been warned this was going on before the election was held, and did not try to stop it. When the cheating is condoned by the party and not just done by a candidate or their workers, they should forfeit the election, in my opinion.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I would agree if it was isloalted to the candidate or the people working for him. I saw a report that suggested the state GOP had been warned this was going on before the election was held, and did not try to stop it. When the cheating is condoned by the party and not just done by a candidate or their workers, they should forfeit the election, in my opinion.
fully agree, did not know that level of detail

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As close as the vote was, I would suspect any backlash, however slight, will help the Democrat win the re-vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
As close as the vote was, I would suspect any backlash, however slight, will help the Democrat win the re-vote.

1000 votes thrown away (that we know of) and a 905 vote difference in the first race I don't think the Dem needed the backlash to win just a level playing field

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
N.C. elections board alerted prosecutors to alleged 2016 ballot harvesting, but nothing happened

I'm stealing a summary of this story from reddit. This is bonkers, yet completely expected. GOP, we have found the election fraud, and it is thine.

Dowless told the people harvesting ballots to suggest candidates to voters. When he found out that he was being investigated, he contacted the ballot harvesters and told them what to say if they were contacted by investigators.

And after Dowless won his election to be the local soil and water district supervisor, he filed an protest with the election board. About his own race. Even though he won. He said it had to be done because there was a high volume of write-in votes, which was suspicious.

Part of his evidence was an affidavit from a voter who complained about Dowless' ballot harvesting efforts. The affidavit apparently didn't mention Dowless by name, and he led the election board to think the improper conduct was done by a local PAC associated with Democrats.

He even recruited people to show up at the hearing and say they witnessed voter fraud. They were told that they would be provided with evidence, and they just needed to show up at the hearing.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I still don’t understand why so many people handed their ballot to a stranger who knocked on their door.

This is why I don’t like mail in voting or taking home an absentee ballot. Every state should have early voting for a month and only allow absentee ballots for people deployed out of the area or who have health issues.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
what in your last 17 years here leads you to think they are capable of feeling embarrassment?
That's actually quite funny. Typically, whenever a GOP member gets caught doing something immoral, unethical or illegal, they tend to resign. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to fight, deny, and continue as if nothing was really wrong to begin with. But you keep doing you and don't stop believing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I still don’t understand why so many people handed their ballot to a stranger who knocked on their door.

This is why I don’t like mail in voting or taking home an absentee ballot. Every state should have early voting for a month and only allow absentee ballots for people deployed out of the area or who have health issues.

Because, in the end, people as a whole are naïve and stupid.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
That's actually quite funny. Typically, whenever a GOP member gets caught doing something immoral, unethical or illegal, they tend to resign. Democrats, on the other hand, tend to fight, deny, and continue as if nothing was really wrong to begin with. But you keep doing you and don't stop believing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.