North Carolina GOP under investigation for systematic election fraud

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Woman says she was paid to collect absentee ballots in North Carolina House race

An absentee ballot witness said Monday that a Bladen County, N.C., electioneer [working for Republican Mark Harris] paid her to collect absentee ballots from last month's midterm elections.

Ginger Eason told WSOCTV, a local news station in Charlotte, that Leslie McCrae Dowless, Jr. paid her between $75 and $100 to pick up completed absentee ballots for North Carolina's 9th District, the results of which are being officially investigated.

“I was helping McCrae pick up ballots,” Eason said to the news outlet, referring to the Bladen County Soil and Water Conservation District supervisor who appears to be at the center of the probe.

Eason added that she didn't see who people were voting for, but that she never mailed the ballots. Instead, she gave them to Dowless, adding that he did not mention to her that what she was doing was illegal. Dowless, known locally as McCrae, has been named twice in sworn affidavits as someone who worked for Republican candidate Mark Harris's campaign against Democrat Dan McCready.
If you want a longer version of the story, check out this WaPo article.

North Carolina election-fraud investigation centers on operative with criminal history who worked for GOP congressional candidate

According to local reporting, it appears that this guy has been committing election fraud on behalf of Republican candidates for many years.

Who is McCrae Dowless, man who appears to be center of 9th District investigation?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don’t see any irony that the Republicans will get convicted of voter fraud.
(There is no font color blue enough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
For all the sound and fury from our resident Republicans on the absolute need for voter IDs to protect the sanctity of our elections, there sure are a lot of crickets in here today.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This is my big problem with mail-in voting. Way too much room for fraud. When I absentee vote, I fill it out and turn it in on the spot.

I can’t believe people handed over their ballot to a stranger knocking on the door. I would have told them to buzz off and called the cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
What's this? Instructions state that the illegally collected absentee ballots need to be unsealed? Let me underline that part twice. :rolleyes:

LINK

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
that's because sanctity = whiteness :D
I was one that thought we needed IDs. However i thought that any state or federal ID would suffice and that any legal citizen would have no problem voting. (It should only block non-citizens from voting.) Then this election I could not vote. I have voted in multiple elections and have only been a citizen since birth. I have no problem with voter ID laws if they work as intended but when they victimize US citizens I draw the line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.