Link: Urban Meyer to step down as tOSU Head Coach; OC Ryan Day Named HC

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I saw where some recruits who had committed to OSU have changed their mind and opened back up their recruitment. May get interesting up there since he’s retiring.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw where some recruits who had committed to OSU have changed their mind and opened back up their recruitment. May get interesting up there since he’s retiring.
We have lost two from the 2020 class so far. We will lose a few more. Meyer chose to announce now because he wanted the recruits to be able to factor this into their decisions.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
He should have announced it right after they won the B10CG. The playoff committee might have voted for tOSU instead of OU.
We have lost two from the 2020 class so far. We will lose a few more. Meyer chose to announce now because he wanted the recruits to be able to factor this into their decisions.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I've never been a big Meyer fan, but this is probably the right call personally to alleviate his symptoms and raise his quality of life.

This next hire for Ohio State will be critical. Football programs are castles on the beach, and they need somebody to keep building or it will wash away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Police release thousands of documents in Zach and Courtney Smith domestic violence case

Not sure how this went unnoticed for a few days...

Less than a week after Ohio State Head Coach Urban Meyer announced his retirement, Powell police released thousands of pages of documents in the Zach and Courtney Smith domestic violence case. Ohio State suspended Meyer for the first three games of the 2018 season for the way he handled the abuse allegations.

Meyer’s name is mentioned in the records released Monday by Powell police through a court order. “Urban I feel like will do anything to protect his guys. He doesn’t want anything to get out and look bad for his program," Courtney Smith said in a police interview from October 2015, describing domestic abuse allegations in 2009 in Gainesville, Florida.

“He came home at 4 o’clock in the morning with some girl all over him and I had to take her back, and came back and I was crying and I was like how could you do this to me. He picked me up and threw me across the hall and I called 911 and he got arrested and he went to jail," Courtney Smith said.

She said ever since that moment she had been terrified to call police. “I ended up dropping the charges because Urban had the team attorney come talk to me and convince me that it was going to go to the media and he would lose everything if I didn’t drop the charges," she claimed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meyer should have stayed completely out of it and let her and her family make these decisions. The day that he decided to "help" is the day that he kicked off this time bomb.

But let's keep it straight - Meyer is not the wife beater here.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Meyer should have stayed completely out of it and let her and her family make these decisions. The day that he decided to "help" is the day that he kicked off this time bomb.

But let's keep it straight - Meyer is not the wife beater here.
Oh no, he's not. Agreed. But IF, and I do mean IF, this is true, then he is not far above one. So much like the Penn State people "protecting their brand" during the Sandusky scandal.

Again I do say IF it is true.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Oh no, he's not. Agreed. But IF, and I do mean IF, this is true, then he is not far above one. So much like the Penn State people "protecting their brand" during the Sandusky scandal.

Again I do say IF it is true.
Assuming all of it is true, I still do not agree. Very, very different. JoePa qualifies as someone staying silent, and in so doing allowing crimes against humanity to continue.

For Meyer - Courtney wants the world to believe that Meyer was the reason that she did not call the police, but she called the police so many times that they stopped taking her seriously. The police were heavily involved.

Meyer is a jerk who should have fired a man for hitting his wife, and who should have been fired for not firing Zach, but neither by his action nor inaction did he cause her continued abuse. That is, unless we think that he should have physically removed Courtney from their relationship somehow.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Assuming all of it is true, I still do not agree. Very, very different. JoePa qualifies as someone staying silent, and in so doing allowing crimes against humanity to continue.

For Meyer - Courtney wants the world to believe that Meyer was the reason that she did not call the police, but she called the police so many times that they stopped taking her seriously. The police were heavily involved.

Meyer is a jerk who should have fired a man for hitting his wife, and who should have been fired for not firing Zach, but neither by his action nor inaction did he cause her continued abuse. That is, unless we think that he should have physically removed Courtney from their relationship somehow.
I guess I'm referring to him sending his lawyer to threaten her if she didn't shut up about it. That is dirtbag level low, IMO. I'll grant you the Penn State comparison is probably too strong.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I guess I'm referring to him sending his lawyer to threaten her if she didn't shut up about it. That is dirtbag level low, IMO. I'll grant you the Penn State comparison is probably too strong.
Yeah, if he did that then he is a lot worse human being than I previously believed him to be. That continues to be one of the things that I find not believable, but the more I learn about Meyer, the less I like the man.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Yeah, if he did that then he is a lot worse human being than I previously believed him to be. That continues to be one of the things that I find not believable, but the more I learn about Meyer, the less I like the man.
B1GTide you are a class act! Living here in Ohio for the past 28+ years, I respect Ohio St. and the program but I am not a fan of UM.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I don't see anything in the posted part of the report that is new. All of it was alleged by Courtney previously, and is merely included in the report. I'm missing where it says "Police investigation found that" or "Police witnessed" anything stated. I'm not saying that I believe the statements by Courtney to be true or false, just that this seems to still be a 'she said' matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.