Link: Golding rebuffed offers by OM, interest from OU; will stay at Bama

NiteyNight

Scout Team
Nov 29, 2006
Golding has lots of Mississippi ties and could be looking at this as a career move to eventually land a head coaching job there. I think he has actually been calling defensive plays from the booth and relaying that info to Tosh—meaning, I think he has a greater influence on the defense than we are giving him credit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Moses runs a 4.4 40. Mack runs a 4.59. Mack is great, but he isn't close to Moses, IMO.
I have heard Moses runs in the 4.4's which is incredibly fast but 4.59 for a ILB is flying. I know Dylan is incredibly athletic but we put Mack back as the free safety on hail Mary situations for a reason.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
Wilson and Moses are good linebackers that any school would love to have on their roster. One thing I think our defense lacked this season is having the guy to read the offense and ensure we are properly aligned. It appeared at times especially during the first half of the GA game Mack seemed confused and we were late getting aligned. Last season we had Minkah to help out. In general I felt our defense wasn't able to adjust during the first half but usually made the proper adjustments at halftime which leads me to believe someone from the booth is playing a big part in the half time adjustments or explaining to our guys what is going on. I strongly suspect its Golding.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
Longo heading to NC to work for Mack Brown speaks volumes about the situation in Oxford. Golding made a wise decision to stay put and possibly be promoted at Bama or wait until a better job comes his way. The effects from scholarship reduction will really begin to show next year for the Rebels/Bears/Landsharks.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
You are not in the minority and good post. I want him to stay because the guy has proven his ability or wouldn't be here in the first place. I am hoping this is all proven to be inaccurate information and this thread sinks to oblivion over the next few days.
Staying at Alabama, working with 4 and 5 star players, working with Coach Saban, learning from the best, will all make him more marketable after Alabama has continuing success.
(Ask Kirby Smart...)

44boz

Dec 6, 2018
If he chose Ole Miss over OU we dont want him anyway. You got to be seriously in a different sports world than most id have to think. Ole Miss vs OU no comparison. Ill give them the co-eds though in a close one. The accent tips it for me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.