Link: Golding rebuffed offers by OM, interest from OU; will stay at Bama

soonerknight

Suspended
Dec 14, 2018
The info OU fans are getting is it is still a possibillity. Serious discussion with anyone have not taken place thus no one has said no thank you quite yet.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Possibility for further discussion after the Alabama Oklahoma game.
Got to say it's a classier way to do business, to wait till the games over...
I don't think there would be as much pressure to produce at Oklahoma, as there always is at Alabama.
If Golding goes to OK... Any improvement in their game will be credited to him. Lots of room for improvement at OK.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Just my opinion but I think Big 12 teams are going to have a hard time landing top-notch defensive coordinators for a while, at least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Have to agree with RTO et al that we need to keep as many of our coaches as possible for continuity, recruiting, etc. How come Clempson seems to keep their coaches? I don't hear of a Dabo coaching tree if there is one.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Its Grinch ( TOSU ) formerly at WAZZU. He and Golding were considered Riley's 2 top choices. Was co with Schiano. Hes a 4-3 guy. Did an incredible job in Pullman. We shall see.
Step 1 will be installing the basics. What’s this alignment supposed to be with the defensive alignment overloaded to the weak side?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Step 1 will be installing the basics. What’s this alignment supposed to be with the defensive alignment overloaded to the weak side?

I did not notice this during the game and knew we scored easily on this play. I think most teams score just about everytime with that alignment.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

That is a strange look, almost like OU expected some strange instead of a power running play. They aligned in this formation several times. They were lined up in a similar formation when Tua checked into a run to the right , and there was a miscommunication between he and Jacobs. It ended up a sack because of the backfield miscue, but the play might of scored otherwise.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That is a strange look, almost like OU expected some strange instead of a power running play. They aligned in this formation several times. They were lined up in a similar formation when Tua checked into a run to the right , and there was a miscommunication between he and Jacobs. It ended up a sack because of the backfield miscue, but the play might of scored otherwise.
Saw a football guy on Twitter mention the guy standing in front of Miller Forristall (87) pointing to the space between Wills and Womack to indicate someone was supposed to be there.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Saw a football guy on Twitter mention the guy standing in front of Miller Forristall (87) pointing to the space between Wills and Womack to indicate someone was supposed to be there.
One would think so. Which is why that sort of thing must be fixed. We'll see if their boy wonder coach made a wise choice.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

My fiancée caught that during the game and asked me what they were doing. At first, I thought they were trying to overload one side since they were expecting a run play... but then I noticed the safeties close to LOS, and I said someone is in wrong position. That was a easy touchdown play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.