Link: Golding rebuffed offers by OM, interest from OU; will stay at Bama

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
http://footballscoop.com/news/update-oklahomas-defensive-coordinator-search/

"Sources told FootballScoop that Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke also approached Golding about running the Rebels’ defense, but Golding also rebuffed those overtures.

Remaining in the good graces of Lord Saban is a smart career move for obvious reasons in both the long and short terms, and sources told FootballScoop that Saban plans to make moves necessary to keep Golding in Tuscaloosa."

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
http://footballscoop.com/news/update-oklahomas-defensive-coordinator-search/

"Sources told FootballScoop that Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke also approached Golding about running the Rebels’ defense, but Golding also rebuffed those overtures.

Remaining in the good graces of Lord Saban is a smart career move for obvious reasons in both the long and short terms, and sources told FootballScoop that Saban plans to make moves necessary to keep Golding in Tuscaloosa."
another source said he was offered $1.3M to be the Rebels DC.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Ole Miss' defense literally has no players to coach. Why would a decent coordinator go there ? It's a smoldering hole after the NCAA sanctions.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Glad he is staying. Saban/the University needs to pay whatever it takes (reasonably) to keep most all the coaches for at least 1 more year. Bama needs continuity and needs to keep the #1 recruiting class.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We replaced or added seven new coaches to the staff this year, and only Key was left in his position was last year. I was really hoping there'd be a little continuity going into next season, so I am very happy that Coach Golding is committed to staying at least another year.

rtr

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Do you guys read this as final as it relates to OU? "Off for now" seems to leave a crack in the door...maybe until after the playoffs. Grinch has always been our 2nd choice but Golding has the edge primarily because of his Texas recruiting experience. As the article says, we don't need a top 10-20 D. We just need one that is respectable.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Do you guys read this as final as it relates to OU? "Off for now" seems to leave a crack in the door...maybe until after the playoffs. Grinch has always been our 2nd choice but Golding has the edge primarily because of his Texas recruiting experience. As the article says, we don't need a top 10-20 D. We just need one that is respectable.
Another source says discussions have never been serious and he doesn't want to uproot family this quickly again.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We replaced or added seven new coaches to the staff this year, and only Key was left in his position was last year. I was really hoping there'd be a little continuity going into next season, so I am very happy that Coach Golding is committed to staying at least another year.

rtr
Unless things have changed, CNS pretty much demanded (right word?) a two year commitment from his assistants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Unless things have changed, CNS pretty much demanded (right word?) a two year commitment from his assistants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure why Pete would go to OU anyway. He is learning how to run a program from a master and probably has his eye on our DC job.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
Tosh is a great recruiter but I am not sold on his DC ability.....I think he was given the chance to keep him on staff because of his recruiting abilities....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.