Game Thread: Georgia State @ Alabama (7 PM tip) - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Re: Georgia State @ Alabama (7 PM tip)

Announcing games tonight checked @ the half we were up big. Come home to find out we lost? Thereís no excuse for this with our talent. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Announcing games tonight checked @ the half we were up big. Come home to find out we lost? There’s no excuse for this with our talent. Smh.

We had a 8-9 minute scoring drought that let them get back in it. They were not shooting very well themselves but did score occasionally during that stretch. Then our D just completely collapsed and they drove inside every trip and scored almost every time. I was a bit surprised they settled for a 3 at the end but it went in and that was that. A very bad loss.

BamaNation Second Team

Fred Hoiberg is available

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Tough to figure. Only scores during the long stretch came from a made free throw every now and then. I didn't get the lineups at times. 2nd half passing become non-existent. Jones could not finish a shot in the paint. The lead just continuously dwindled.

It all seemed to start with the bogus foul call on Smith. Jones, Petty, Ingram all missing free throws when they were needed. Some of the players really tightened up and did not shoot when they needed to or did not look smooth when doing so.

This may be impossible to recover from.

Coaching questions for sure concerning this team. Need to identify roles on this team; and defensive identity.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Even though it is better to have more talent because that wins a lot of games, I miss the lesser talented teams in the first 2 years of Avery's tenure because they played harder. They had too to win the games they did. That has bugged me about the more talented players the last 2 years. Seems like they lose focus and check out mentally at times. It's the mark of a good coach to have your team ready to play every game and for the entire game. We'll see if Avery has what it takes.

BamaNation First Team MobileCrimson's Avatar

This loss is unacceptable in year 4

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I saw we were up big, checked back later on the phone and saw the game was tight and then kept hitting refresh. I was shocked to see we lost. This really stinks. I haven't looked up the Georgia State RPI, but I assume it's not very good.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I saw we were up big, checked back later on the phone and saw the game was tight and then kept hitting refresh. I was shocked to see we lost. This really stinks. I haven't looked up the Georgia State RPI, but I assume it's not very good.
    I don't know their RPI but I do know they lost to Liberty, our opponent in 2 weeks, by 26 points.

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I don't know their RPI but I do know they lost to Liberty, our opponent in 2 weeks, by 26 points.
    They were actually 74th in RPI coming into last night. Climbed to 49th with the win.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but this is their second SEC scalp this year. They absolutely throttled UGA.
    Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

I think that I am done defending CAJ. I think his energy and enthusiasm is what we needed injected into our program. Iím not going to bash him, but Iím making myself look foolish now constantly defending him. Too often, we just donít look prepared or have a fluid gameplan. Substitution patterns and certain lineups on the floor are bizarre. I came in here and defended him until I was blue in the face, and I admit that I was probably wrong. I do think the program is better off than it was under CAG, but we may have reached our ceiling. Who knows, maybe Iím just down right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    This is the type of loss that will start the Avery hot seat talk. We were 7 points favorites at home and in CAJ’s fourth year. No excuse for this kind of performance..
    I've defended CAJ for awhile now. Blowing a 22 point lead to Georgia State (however good they might be - see second post in thread) in year four lets the doubt and worry to begin to creep in. I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    Fred Hoiberg is available
    Told a few people last night Greg has to at least make a call to see if Hoiberg would be interested.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    I think that I am done defending CAJ. I think his energy and enthusiasm is what we needed injected into our program. I’m not going to bash him, but I’m making myself look foolish now constantly defending him. Too often, we just don’t look prepared or have a fluid gameplan. Substitution patterns and certain lineups on the floor are bizarre. I came in here and defended him until I was blue in the face, and I admit that I was probably wrong. I do think the program is better off than it was under CAG, but we may have reached our ceiling. Who knows, maybe I’m just down right now.

Yep. He's gotten the talent on campus, which is a positive. However, I'm starting to think the ceiling has been reached.

Now, a surprise win over Arizona Sunday can easily change my thought process.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson