Game Thread: Georgia State @ Alabama (7 PM tip) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Re: Georgia State @ Alabama (7 PM tip)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    You mention that word "fluid." You said gameplan, but as you watch our offense that is what's missing. We have no fluidity. I know it's not fair, but watch Duke move the ball on offense and it hardly ever hits the floor or pauses in one person's hand for more than a split second. But we dribble way too much and catch passes and hold them. This is what defenses want us to do, but a defense can't keep up with an offense that has good ball movement.

Yep, that's what I've seen!

I hate to say this, but this team is starting to remind me of Grant's teams. They look good walking off the bus and and in warmup, but all athletes do. But when the game starts, they really aren't great basketball players.
    We play offense like an NBA team because we have a NBA coach. The reason it doesn't work for us but does for Duke is that Alabama doesn't have any NBA players. Due to the lack of shooting ability, and quite frankly basketball talent, we should run a lot more motion and cuts on offense instead of everybody standing around. This would result in easier shots and more attempts in the paint. We're not good enough to let one guy try to break down the defense by himself and even if that happens we're not good enough at hitting the open 3s..

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

pitiful

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    We play offense like an NBA team because we have a NBA coach. The reason it doesn't work for us but does for Duke is that Alabama doesn't have any NBA players. Due to the lack of shooting ability, and quite frankly basketball talent, we should run a lot more motion and cuts on offense instead of everybody standing around. This would result in easier shots and more attempts in the paint. We're not good enough to let one guy try to break down the defense by himself and even if that happens we're not good enough at hitting the open 3s..
    The offensive system is fine. We simply aren't hitting shots period, layups, jump shots and 3's. I talked to someone who knows what is going on with the players. He talked to Donta and they discussed leadership on the team. He thought Donta as the only really 4 year senior should be more vocal and Donta agreed. Maybe he'll take ownership and push the guys more now. I hear Mack is having trouble running the plays correctly and defending properly. so this may be why he is on the bench a good bit.