Mack Wilson Hints at Coming Back for Senior Year

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Why? I would love to have him back next year.
We would all love to have him back, but there is nothing that he could do next year that would improve his draft status. He risks everything by staying. He deserves the rewards that he has worked so hard to earn.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
We would all love to have him back, but there is nothing that he could do next year that would improve his draft status. He risks everything by staying. He deserves the rewards that he has worked so hard to earn.
So, take the individual over the team?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In this sport, where a player's career can be ended in an instant, and his shelf life is very limited even in the best of circumstances, you have to take the opportunity if you are a first round pick. You have no choice if you are a top 5 pick. Q is a top 5 pick. He needs to be selfish on this one. This isn't the 60s, when 6 figure contracts were astronomical.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I ain't gonna call any dude with the motor he's got a "me first individual" because he never takes a play off...that's team first. Whatever he does to secure his financial future, well, that is an individual decision. The man has gotta go. Pure and simple.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
In this sport, where a player's career can be ended in an instant, and his shelf life is very limited even in the best of circumstances, you have to take the opportunity if you are a first round pick. You have no choice if you are a top 5 pick. Q is a top 5 pick. He needs to be selfish on this one. This isn't the 60s, when 6 figure contracts were astronomical.
The career ended in an instant still weighs heavy on my mind. Prothro play cannot get out of my mind many years later. It's stuck.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Am I reading too much into this or are suggesting that every player who declares early is putting themselves over their team?
Read the comment I was replying to first. It ads context. It is a fine line that college players walk. Hard to please everyone.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Read the comment I was replying to first. It ads context. It is a fine line that college players walk. Hard to please everyone.
That is why it would be ridiculous for a young person to concern themselves with pleasing others when making this kind of decision. This kind of decision can change the lives of his family for generations if he chooses.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Kids have different goals and desires. Some don't care about money as much as others. Some care but value other things more. If QW wanted to stay he should not be criticized. He should do what he wants after carefully considering things. In the end it would be a shock if he is an early first round guarantee and decided to stay. But he should be allowed to do so.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kids have different goals and desires. Some don't care about money as much as others. Some care but value other things more. If QW wanted to stay he should not be criticized. He should do what he wants after carefully considering things. In the end it would be a shock if he is an early first round guarantee and decided to stay. But he should be allowed to do so.
Everyone would welcome him back with open arms, but he will be strongly advised to move on, IMO.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Mack falls into the Allen/D Harris situation. 1st/2nd round line. He needs to develop his play calling to elevate. Hope he comes back. Guaranteed AA.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Saban had made a point each year that unless an underclassmen has a first round rank, he suggest they come back another year to improve their craft, get their draft stock up, and usually completing their degree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
YES YES and YES! If offered should Tua turn down the heisman because its not a team award? They are a team of individuals with goals for themselves and their team. His current and future family come miles before the team and I'm willing to bet that as a team they would tell him to take the money and run!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.