Does Locksley coach the Playoffs?

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
I think one facet that gets under publicized that attests to the greatness of Coach Saban is how many coordinators and assistant coaches come and go year after year and Alabama just keeps rolling at an incredibly all-time level.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Most of you here probably don't remember the turmoil of the Maryland Athletic Department 32 years ago following the death of basketball player Len Bias two days after being the second player taken in the NBA draft. It's one of those moments I still remember where I was when I heard the news. Now I know that was a long time ago but it seems Locksley is stepping into a similar situation.
From the Baltimore Sun in August:
"Sports attorney Don Jackson, who has represented four Maryland student-athletes over the past three years on eligibility issues, said his interaction with those in the athletic department was not always pleasant or professional.
“It’s the most dysfunctional athletic department I have ever worked with,” Jackson said in an interview with The Baltimore Sun. “It’s like a viper pit. They [senior staff] were figuratively carrying daggers looking to put it in someone else’s back. They don’t care about the student-athletes, only about themselves and their survival.”
I'm glad Locksley has a second opportunity to be a head coach, but I wish he would have waited a couple of more years for the Maryland situation to settle down. If history is a guide, he'll be there three years.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Most of you here probably don't remember the turmoil of the Maryland Athletic Department 32 years ago following the death of basketball player Len Bias two days after being the second player taken in the NBA draft. It's one of those moments I still remember where I was when I heard the news. Now I know that was a long time ago but it seems Locksley is stepping into a similar situation.
From the Baltimore Sun in August:
"Sports attorney Don Jackson, who has represented four Maryland student-athletes over the past three years on eligibility issues, said his interaction with those in the athletic department was not always pleasant or professional.
“It’s the most dysfunctional athletic department I have ever worked with,” Jackson said in an interview with The Baltimore Sun. “It’s like a viper pit. They [senior staff] were figuratively carrying daggers looking to put it in someone else’s back. They don’t care about the student-athletes, only about themselves and their survival.”
I'm glad Locksley has a second opportunity to be a head coach, but I wish he would have waited a couple of more years for the Maryland situation to settle down. If history is a guide, he'll be there three years.
Not sure, but you may very well be correct. Chaos is not removed easily nor quickly...I hope he gets all the power to do what must be done. That was one main condition CNS laid down when he came to Bama...if you're going to have the responsibility then you must have the authority.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
ESPN reporter, a woman, on her way to the Maryland press conference was asked on a radio show about the hire. She said it's a "we'll see" situation. I don't think the environment is right for anyone but a strong coach and stronger personality who can withstand the politics of the place. People talking about losing recruits to Maryland because of Locksley's hire. Please. Maryland is the stepchild of the Big 10; Bama is the pinnacle of the SEC.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I saw him on the awards show last night wearing an "M" pin...for me, send him on his way. That rubbed me the wrong way but maybe its just me.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I saw him on the awards show last night wearing an "M" pin...for me, send him on his way. That rubbed me the wrong way but maybe its just me.
Meh, he's just promoting his new school for recruiting purposes. How many times will Maryland be repped at an awards show otherwise?

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
This is totally off topic, but University of Maryland has had more than their share of tragic deaths. Owen Brown also died suddenly when he was Maryland basketball player. Owen Brown was the best player on our high school basketball team and led our team to the Illinois State championship. Aug 2, 1988 - ATHLETES WHO DIED SUDDENLY. OWEN BROWN, Star forward and cocaptain of the University of Maryland's 1975 championship basketball team, Brown died during a pickup basketball game near Leesburg in February 1976. He was 22

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
X2 on off-topic, but you might also include a kid who hailed from Bessemer (St. Francis of Assisi Elementary School) in the Maryland basketball tragedy list: Chris Patton, who died around the same time as Brown and 10-12 years before Bias.

This is totally off topic, but University of Maryland has had more than their share of tragic deaths. Owen Brown also died suddenly when he was Maryland basketball player. Owen Brown was the best player on our high school basketball team and led our team to the Illinois State championship. Aug 2, 1988 - ATHLETES WHO DIED SUDDENLY. OWEN BROWN, Star forward and cocaptain of the University of Maryland's 1975 championship basketball team, Brown died during a pickup basketball game near Leesburg in February 1976. He was 22

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm with you - he's there representing Bama and Bama's players. He needs to drop that crap, I couldn't care less how much it helps him at Maryland.

Literally. Don't. Care.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm with you - he's there representing Bama and Bama's players. He needs to drop that crap, I couldn't care less how much it helps him at Maryland.

Literally. Don't. Care.
I was annoyed that they listed him as the Maryland coach on the show. He won the award as the Alabama OC. Alabama should have been listed.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yep, and let’s not forget Len Bias. Didn’t happen on the hardwood, but a tragic senseless death non the less that devasted the community. Greetings from Dunkirk!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I agree 100%. The fact he wore the MD pin to the awards show and at least tried to hire away Gattis tells me he is 100% focused on MD. I’m not necessarily worried about the offense VS OU as their D is a dumpster fire at best. A Mike Shula offense could hang 50 on them. However, we do need a competent game plan against Clemson or ND.

Starting to wonder if he coaches the playoff or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.