Players leaving early for the draft

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
https://twitter.com/iAM_JoshJacobs/status/1083570323625295872

JJ is ....ed that the news broke.
I'm one of those old school folks who would prefer that news agencies wait until something happens before they report on it.
The earlier version of that al.com story said, "JJ expected to leave early." Expected by whom? The more honest headline would have been "I, the sports journalist, expect JJ to leave early," but that headline would have looked silly, so they used passive voice to hide the actor and get the headline.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm one of those old school folks who would prefer that news agencies wait until something happens before they report on it.
The earlier version of that al.com story said, "JJ expected to leave early." Expected by whom? The more honest headline would have been "I, the sports journalist, expect JJ to leave early," but that headline would have looked silly, so they used passive voice to hoid the actor and get the headline.
The tweet for the article said "according to sources," which would mean either parents or someone within the program. Still, let the kid have his moment and don't report it 12 hours before the presser.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.