Players leaving early for the draft

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Josh Jacobs is going to be phenomenal in today's NFL and will make a lot of money. Honestly, we may have underutilized him a little. If he goes to the right team, look out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Barring injuries, will be much better.
Totally depends on the coaching that they get. I am not ready to assume that your defense will improve just because players stay. Their coaching was insufficient this year. With similar coaching next year, no, they will not be much better.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
One more than I thought should go pro because I'm not solid on Irv Smith being 1st round but he could end up being the top TE on the board. With that said, Irv and Jacob are both guys who will launch up team big boards once they see the tape and get the measurables. Each are already in position to have long careers in the NFL because they perfectly fit what the NFL likes in their respective positions.

Smith is an alignment-flexible TE who can inline block well enough but is borderline dominant as a pulling blocker at H-B. With that in mind, H-B counter was a go-to for this offense's running attack. His hands are WR-like and he chews up space upfield quickly with nimble cuts out of breaks for a TE. He's a mismatch player in the truest sense of the word and his versatility was a huge part in making this offense dominant. Irv Smith might fall to the 2nd round but his 2nd contract will probably be silly big. He's got a pro pedigree from his father so I expect him to handle the draft process well and be a reliable performer who shows up ready to play.

Jacobs is probably on the fringe 1st/2nd round range right now but I think he ends up going at the bottom of the first round unless a team falls in love with him and reaches. Great pass catcher, has some position versatility, tough runner that will always take contact falling forward, but he also has great wiggle around the LOS and open field to turn small to good runs into explosive runs.

I believe this to be a weaker OT draft, so Jonah Williams may be the first OT off the board. Quinnen has a lot of competition but at worst he falls to the 20s but optimistically could be the first couple of players taken in the draft.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
That explains Enos denying he accepted Bama offer. The offer was prob made but he wasnt happy as folks have indicated in BOL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One more than I thought should go pro because I'm not solid on Irv Smith being 1st round but he could end up being the top TE on the board..
Irv is a different type of TE, and some teams like them while others do not. He is a pass catcher, not a blocker. He is not OJ Howard, who learned to block before moving to the NFL. Some teams won't even look at him because of his poor blocking. Where he is taken is totally based on need and philosophy, not his measurables. He is, IMO, a big WR, not an NFL TE.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That explains Enos denying he accepted Bama offer. The offer was prob made but he wasnt happy as folks have indicated in BOL
I doubt that he was ever offered the play calling role at Alabama - same with Gattis.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.