Players leaving early for the draft

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Cant blame these guys. I think the key is keeping Davis, Diggs, and jennings. All three are good players who can simultaneously anchor the roster next year and improve thir draft stock with statement seasons. They can all potentially be high picks next year.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Yep - Thompson made a good decision as a first rounder. Mack - both he and Alabama are better served with him moving on.
Agree 100% on Mac. He looked like he had no clue at times this season. Mac has all the talent in the world, just not sure he has the desire to put in the work in the film study room. We will have some talent step up and we will be fine.

The secondary should be lights out with Diggs and Surtain anchoring the corners and Carter at Star. McKinney will be a star at safety. Mayden/Jobe/JAD or someone else will step up at the other S spot.

While we won’t have a super, superstar like Q on D-line, almost every team would love to have Ray, Mathis and Davis as their top 3.

For all the chicken little’s, even if the O and D regress from this year, we still go 11-1 at worse and win the SEC West and would be favored to win the SEC and make the playoff.

For the record, I expect the offense to score more points than last year and the D to be better due to a much improved back 7.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Agree 100% on Mac. He looked like he had no clue at times this season. Mac has all the talent in the world, just not sure he has the desire to put in the work in the film study room. We will have some talent step up and we will be fine.

The secondary should be lights out with Diggs and Surtain anchoring the corners and Carter at Star. McKinney will be a star at safety. Mayden/Jobe/JAD or someone else will step up at the other S spot.

While we won’t have a super, superstar like Q on D-line, almost every team would love to have Ray, Mathis and Davis as their top 3.

For all the chicken little’s, even if the O and D regress from this year, we still go 11-1 at worse and win the SEC West and would be favored to win the SEC and make the playoff.

For the record, I expect the offense to score more points than last year and the D to be better due to a much improved back 7.

I thiught Surtain wasn’t coming back?

Never mind that was the other player who’s name started with an S. :)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Teams draft for needs vs best player available; outside of the first few selections, guys could go anywhere. Teams will draft better players they don’t really need and trade to get a position player they do need. “Best player available” can sometimes take precedence over position of need, even in the first round.
I’ve yet to see anyone even predict all players selected in the first round regardless of order. Too many behind-the-scenes deals going on that I’d bet all I have no one on this forum knows all about. Plus sometimes teams just make bad choices; happens every year.
I don’t see Bama having five players going in the first round this year. They might have six or seven go in the first two rounds, if someone takes DH early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Seen on the twitter feed that Kyler is wanting the A’s to pay him 15 million or he’ll enter the draft tomorrow. I know he loves football, but he just seems too short to play QB in the NFL. I guess people said same thing about Russell Wilson too and we see how that worked out. If I was in the A’s organization I don’t know how’d I feel about this proposition.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Tony brown and LEVI both went undrafted and were much more solid. In my opinion.
Couldn’t agree with this post more. I think he has a lot of room to grow and improve. He needs to work on technique and reading the offense. Another year would have helped him, but I’m like others with Diggs coming back and guys like Jobe I’m not worried about Bama, but I am worried about him because I want him to succeed and make a ton of money.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Seen on the twitter feed that Kyler is wanting the A’s to pay him 15 million or he’ll enter the draft tomorrow. I know he loves football, but he just seems too short to play QB in the NFL. I guess people said same thing about Russell Wilson too and we see how that worked out. If I was in the A’s organization I don’t know how’d I feel about this proposition.
I Know the camera angle may make him look smaller, but his height, build, everything is slight compared to Tua or Haskins. Tua isn’t known as a big QB, and Haskins is huge compared to Murray!
[/URL][/IMG]

Haskins is listed at 6’3”, Murray listed at 5’11” . Maybe they are measuring to the top of his hair??

Last edited:

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Not sad Mack is leaving. I wish him the best and hope he has a suer productive and long NFL career. He just didn't click last year, and I'm guessing some of the younger guys would have pushed him for his spot anyway.

Through all of this remember these young defensive coaches are going to get better just like these young players tend to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.