Players leaving early for the draft - Page 2
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Re: Players leaving early for the draft

There are quite a few high profile players skipping their bowl games. I realize there is a chance of being injured but don't these players have a responsibility to their fellow team members and their school? Just seems a tad selfish to me.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Hereís what needs to happen; people should neither watch nor attend bowl games where players bail on their teammates.
    If enough people do it, it will:
    Kill bowl games and hasten the eight team playoff.
    Iím not watching any bowl game where players skip. Because now, itís not a reward for the players, itís just more practice time that benefits returning players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Here’s what needs to happen; people should neither watch nor attend bowl games where players bail on their teammates.
    I’m not watching any bowl game where players skip. Because now, it’s not a reward for the players, it’s just more practice time that benefits returning players.

Sorry, not enough football left. I plan on watching the games. I hate this, but I am not going to punish myself for their idiocy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    There are quite a few high profile players skipping their bowl games. I realize there is a chance of being injured but don't these players have a responsibility to their fellow team members and their school? Just seems a tad selfish to me.
    He's got a two year old daughter to think about. As a father I can see how that responsibility overrides the other. Believe me, I don't like it either BUT when you watch what happened to Milton at UCF and weigh that against probably millions of dollars in guaranteed money I certainly see not taking the chance.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Will Grier is skipping the bowl now. I really donít like this.
    Iíve got no respect for quitters.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    He's got a two year old daughter to think about. As a father I can see how that responsibility overrides the other. Believe me, I don't like it either BUT when you watch what happened to Milton at UCF and weigh that against probably millions of dollars in guaranteed money I certainly see not taking the chance.
    That is what insurance policies are for.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

That I can understand.

Still, whatís the point of playing at all.

If I'm a coach and a player does not play in the bowl game, I would just say if that is your decision, fine. I would also say, by the way, you are not going to the game with us and you will not be on the sidelines with this team if you go on your own.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

He could have gotten hurt in any game this year. Just because it is the last game does not change that

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Here’s what needs to happen; people should neither watch nor attend bowl games where players bail on their teammates.
    I’m not watching any bowl game where players skip. Because now, it’s not a reward for the players, it’s just more practice time that benefits returning players.

What about the other players who are participating? Just move on from the player and don't support him in the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    If I'm a coach and a player does not play in the bowl game, I would just say if that is your decision, fine. I would also say, by the way, you are not going to the game with us and you will not be on the sidelines with this team if you go on your own.
    I wouldn't allow him in the training room either.

If you're that worried about getting hurt then just don't put on the pads to start with as you can get hurt on any play at any time. I also would not let them back in the training facility. Want to bail on your team the very last game? workout for the pros somewhere on your own time and own dime.
    I don't mean to sound mean or ugly about it but it is a team sport...……….
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

BamaNation Second Team

Surprised to see players from playoff teams declaring.