Players leaving early for the draft - Page 5
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Players leaving early for the draft

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Not sure. Some of the contracts seem to be for 4 years. Divide the total by 4 would be my guess.
    That makes sense. Last year they can either renegotiate a longer term deal or take the same salary for year five and then become free agent.
    I say it makes sense - not to me. I should have said I understand.
    But that wouldn’t be accurate either; maybe “I get it”.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I hate to see players jump ship before their final game.
    (sez a lot about the player)

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I may have a new favorite non-Bama player
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I hate to see players jump ship before their final game.
    (sez a lot about the player)
    Is it just me, or does it seem that LSU produces more of these guys than other schools?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem that LSU produces more of these guys than other schools?
    LSU puts a lot of talent into the NFL. They don't always have the best attitude, but they can play football
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Good thing we have the new redshirt rule. Some guys might be playing in game three or four because of the ones leaving early.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Oh brother. Had to click through nearly 5 pages of the same dumb "players sitting out bowl games" merry-go-round ("He's a quitter!" "But what about injury!" "Not fair to teammates!" "He's got a family to care for!" "CFB should pay players!") before I can actually see what players are leaving early besides Grier and Stidham.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Oh brother. Had to click through nearly 5 pages of the same dumb "players sitting out bowl games" merry-go-round ("He's a quitter!" "But what about injury!" "Not fair to teammates!" "He's got a family to care for!" "CFB should pay players!") before I can actually see what players are leaving early besides Grier and Stidham.
    You didn't have to - if you didn't want to read what the community had to say about the matter, you could have Googled it.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    LSU really hasn't had much loyalty from their players. They recruit well, but there's been more guys leaving early (even if they didn't get great draft grades) and sitting out bowl games than pretty much any other program as far as I can tell.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    LSU really hasn't had much loyalty from their players. They recruit well, but there's been more guys leaving early (even if they didn't get great draft grades) and sitting out bowl games than pretty much any other program as far as I can tell.
    Yep! That pretty much sums it up

BamaNation First Team

LSU recruits well and a lot of them play in the league but they haven’t played in a bowl that counted for something in almost a decade. How often do you hear players leaving a playoff team before the semi-final?