Players leaving early for the draft - Page 7
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

Re: Players leaving early for the draft

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    In order for this to stop, the players are going to have to be honest about how they feel and call out their team mates. Players pretend that they support their peers in this stuff, but they do not. It bothers them as much as it bothers us.

I would love to hear a coach call out one of his players for this. I would love for NFL GMs to speak out about it. Neither of those is going to happen.
    You could be right, I don't know. I'm not convinced that you know this to be a fact either, but I can't be sure. Even if it is true in some cases (which I would suspect), how is it relevant if it is a walk-on who only played a few downs on Senior Day or in mop-up time is critical of a guy looking at a multi-million dollar payday on draft day? I don't like it as a fan either, but if I had solidified a spot in the first round of the NFL draft and I could only hurt that by playing in a non-CFP bowl game, I can't honestly say I would take the risk.
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

You didn't have to - if you didn't want to read what the community had to say about the matter, you could have Googled it.
    Uh, that's not the point of the forum. I'm not just looking for the info, I'm looking for our communities commentary on that info, which, in this instance, was obscured by a tangential conversation so afflicted by rigomortis it wouldn't even need to be stuffed before being hung over the mantle.

I'd have loved to have heard everyone's opinions on the original topic. That wasn't happening. That's thread drift.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    ďAnd what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.Ē
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Dukeís QB, a former walk-on leaving early. This puzzles me, is he 1st rd material?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...ares-nfl-draft

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    Dukeís QB, a former walk-on leaving early. This puzzles me, is he 1st rd material?

He is the #2 rated QB in this draft. If he waits, he might not get drafted at all.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

I guess with the Oregon QB staying in school, anybody else eligible at the position instantly moves up the board.
    He is the #2 rated QB in this draft. If he waits, he might not get drafted at all.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post

Heís rated very highly based on measurables, and partially because of Cutcliffeís reputation as a QB guru. Had a solid season, but heís still very raw.

Unlike last year, I donít see a single franchise qb in this yearís class, or a single guy ready to start immediately. Jones being rated this highly is more a symptom of a weak class moreso than a reflection of his talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation All-American russtang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    That's a lot of RB's making a bad decision.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    Yep, I do not see any 1st rounders. Some second rounders sure but no 1st rounders.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

depending on financial situations...2nd or even 3rd money is legit when you've been broke your entire life. i dont blame those guys if their finances warrant leaving early

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    depending on financial situations...2nd or even 3rd money is legit when you've been broke your entire life. i dont blame those guys if their finances warrant leaving early
    Also they may be looking at who might be coming out next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Players leaving early for the draft

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    Folks that donít follow the NFL might think this but itís a totally different league than it used to be. Yes, you have the Zeke Elliott, Gurleys, and Fournettes but you also have the Damien Williams types (no name who just got 2 year contract at 9 million). The NFL uses RBs so differently now that just because you are a 4th-7th round pick doesnít mean youíre not going to succeed. A lot of rbs today in the NFL are late round picks. They make the team and thatís all that matters. Stay in the league is the biggest factor but they will get paid. Itís why despite his seemingly lack of big time production NFL scouts are drooling over Josh Jacobs. He checks off ALL the boxes and then some (Special Teams both kicking and receiving) of the modern pro RB. I will be SHOCKED if he gets past 40 and wouldnít be surprised if he gets snagged at the end of RD 1 like Michel did last year because heís very similar. Also keep in mind that the shelf life of the RB is lower than other positions but that too is changing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    There's a special about him on ESPN, she's not hurting.

I hear ya but itís still generational wealth that is 4-5 months away. The closer it gets the bigger the risk. Heck, I wouldnít even cut my own food with a knife

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    So, dream of a national championship? To graduate?
    Some people (see Damien Harris & Jonathan Allen) who love the college experience. Damien will be forever loved and engrained in Capstone lore for his example and leadership from this year off the field as much as anything heís done on the field. Some think his stock was higher last year but I disagree with that. Anyway next year and the next QB draft classes are like 1983 like. Itís going to be LOADED. I mean like first 5-6 picks loaded.