Players leaving early for the draft

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Just wanted to start a thread where people could be listed when they declare so we can find a list in one place. Seems there have been several from LSU that have already declared.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Will Grier is skipping the bowl now. I really don’t like this.
WHAT THE ? I just don't understand this. IMO, this is the ultimate slap in the face to your team. I know many see this as early preparation for the biggest job interview of your life and I respect your opinion, but this flies in the face of everything we have taught our children about quitting something you start. Bottom line is YOU DON'T. You don't quit on your team. Period.

<rant over>

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
There are quite a few high profile players skipping their bowl games. I realize there is a chance of being injured but don't these players have a responsibility to their fellow team members and their school? Just seems a tad selfish to me.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Here’s what needs to happen; people should neither watch nor attend bowl games where players bail on their teammates.
If enough people do it, it will:
Kill bowl games and hasten the eight team playoff.
I’m not watching any bowl game where players skip. Because now, it’s not a reward for the players, it’s just more practice time that benefits returning players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here’s what needs to happen; people should neither watch nor attend bowl games where players bail on their teammates.
If enough people do it, it will:
Kill bowl games and hasten the eight team playoff.
I’m not watching any bowl game where players skip. Because now, it’s not a reward for the players, it’s just more practice time that benefits returning players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry, not enough football left. I plan on watching the games. I hate this, but I am not going to punish myself for their idiocy.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
There are quite a few high profile players skipping their bowl games. I realize there is a chance of being injured but don't these players have a responsibility to their fellow team members and their school? Just seems a tad selfish to me.
He's got a two year old daughter to think about. As a father I can see how that responsibility overrides the other. Believe me, I don't like it either BUT when you watch what happened to Milton at UCF and weigh that against probably millions of dollars in guaranteed money I certainly see not taking the chance.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He's got a two year old daughter to think about. As a father I can see how that responsibility overrides the other. Believe me, I don't like it either BUT when you watch what happened to Milton at UCF and weigh that against probably millions of dollars in guaranteed money I certainly see not taking the chance.
That is what insurance policies are for.

That I can understand.

Still, what’s the point of playing at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.