Players leaving early for the draft

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Players/Students go to school in order to get a job. Whether it be the NFL, or business.

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
We sell the ability to advance careers. As long as we are committed to excellence, great coaches and great players will want to come. The sky is not falling. There are the occasional ups and downs due to the inconsistency. But, our lows are higher than other teams highs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
Agreed, way too many people here are acting like the decisions to leave are personal. Every coach who has left so far has taken a promotion. Every player who has left is almost guaranteed to be taken in the first two rounds.

What’s going on isn’t personal, or rocket science. It’s human beings doing what they feel is best for their future. Happens every day.

I fully agree. I would my son to do the same.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He had a pretty pedestrian 2nd half half of the season. He got beat several times in the last few games. I wish he was coming back.
As much as I'd like to have him back, he'll likely have the longest (and potentially best) NFL career of any Bama player in the this year's draft. He's not perfect, but he's very smart and determined.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Neither Enos nor Key got “ promotions”. Enos got more responsibility in the same position, Key “ might” be getting assistant HC title.
I doubt either is getting more money.
Everyone else got promotions.
And all this “ going to school for a job” talk? Do you drop out early for the first money waved at you or finish and get top money?
I said in other post, it ain’t always about the amount of money. Or new job position. Sometimes there are other factors involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the story got a bit twisted with Enos the more I consider it. I don't know if he asked Saban for hiring input or he'd walk. Probably what happened is Diaz came to him and basically gave him 100% offensive staffing discretion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the story got a bit twisted with Enos the more I consider it. I don't know if he asked Saban for hiring input or he'd walk. Probably what happened is Diaz came to him and basically gave him 100% offensive staffing discretion.
If I had to guess based on all of the information (and misinformation) out there - Saban offered him the OC job. Diaz also offered, but told him that he could pick his coaches. Enos knew that he would not get a similar option from Saban, so he took the Miami job then went to work trying to pull Jalen over with him.

The harsh reality - without Jalen, Enos is going to struggle at Miami next year. He really needs to push hard for Jalen's services.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If I had to guess based on all of the information (and misinformation) out there - Saban offered him the OC job. Diaz also offered, but told him that he could pick his coaches. Enos knew that he would not get a similar option from Saban, so he took the Miami job then went to work trying to pull Jalen over with him.

The harsh reality - without Jalen, Enos is going to struggle at Miami next year. He really needs to push hard for Jalen's services.
Yup. Diaz really needs a glorified "offensive head coach" because he's a pure defensive background guy and Miami's offense is a wreck. Diaz gave him an offer that is hard to refuse. He's practically going to have the autonomy that Dabo extends to Venables.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So, Savion wasn't hurt during that play ?

Doesn’t appear he did. Cecil said the other day he would be good to go for workouts, so might have been more bruised ego than anything else.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When it happened that was what I thought
I was in a hotel room by myself muttering that he needs to just get up. I actually felt like he was faking the injury. I feel bad for thinking it, but that is where my state of mind was at the time.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Doesn’t appear he did. Cecil said the other day he would be good to go for workouts, so might have been more bruised ego than anything else.

That’s interesting and kinda telling. Why did they cart him off?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I was in a hotel room by myself muttering that he needs to just get up. I actually felt like he was faking the injury. I feel bad for thinking it, but that is where my state of mind was at the time.
If this is true about Savion he will not get drafted. At least I wouldn't draft him anyway.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If this is true about Savion he will not get drafted. At least I wouldn't draft him anyway.
I am not saying that it is true. I hesitate to paint anyone with that brush. But a lot of people are implying it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.