Players leaving early for the draft

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Don't forget about Brady.
How could we forget, we are reminded every single draft. Now we get revisionist history with the owner saying "he knew all along how great brady would be." Really so you waited until late in the 6th round to pick him? He was not named the starter and sat on the bench, only came in after the actual starter got hurt.

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Don't forget about Brady.
I will never forget Brady.... My favorite RB at Bama is Shaun Alexander. Meeeechigan played Bama in bowl game, think it was Orange Bowl, Shaun was carrying Bama like he had all season. Brady was playing lights out too an Bama lost... Thanks to a missed PAT by he who shall not be named... Still makes my blood boil...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I was living in Chicago watching with Michigan fans...at MY HOUSE!!! Talk about blood boiling!
I will never forget Brady.... My favorite RB at Bama is Shaun Alexander. Meeeechigan played Bama in bowl game, think it was Orange Bowl, Shaun was carrying Bama like he had all season. Brady was playing lights out too an Bama lost... Thanks to a missed PAT by he who shall not be named... Still makes my blood boil...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I wonder if any will end up staying because they don't want to go out the way the NC game went?
This could happen. Here is hoping Quinnen Williams Raekwon Davis decide to stay. I don’t care either way if Mack Wilson goes or stays. I would love to have Irv Smith and Josh Jacobs back. Unfortunately I think they all are going.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I didn't word that very well. I believe they are Juniors but 100% gone.

Jonah Williams and D.Thompson were seniors. I would take them both.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I wonder if any will end up staying because they don't want to go out the way the NC game went?
Does anyone know when Jalen's deadline is to make a decision/enter grad school ? I read that he applied to UA grad school but wonder if he will actually stay. I hope he does stay but understand if he leaves.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Does anyone know when Jalen's deadline is to make a decision/enter grad school ? I read that he applied to UA grad school but wonder if he will actually stay. I hope he does stay but understand if he leaves.
He just entered his name in the transfer portal today. He signed something for me yesterday that said "Thanks for everything". He is gone, and I can't blame him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wilson, Thompson, and Davis do not look like 1st round players at their position by what I've seen this year. Jacobs, Jonah Williams, and Quinnen Williams should all go pro. Jacobs may not be quite 1st round grade right now but I think he will impress teams in the combine, interviews, and finally when they look at his tape they'll see massive production in surprisingly limited snaps.

Last edited:

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Wilson, Thompson, and Davis do not look like 1st round players at their position by what I've seen this year. Jacobs, Jonah Williams, and Quinnen Williams should all go pro. Jacobs may not be quite 1st round grade right now but I think he will impress teams in the combine, interviews, and finally when they look at his tape they'll see massive production in surprisingly limited snaps.
Absolutely. Wilson and Thompson did not impress anyone thexsecond half of the season. Thompson actually hurt us more than he helped. Some costly penalties and letting to many people get behind him.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I think Jacobs is going to be a great pro. He will be better in the NFL than he was at Alabama. Teams that pass on him will regret it.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So I’ve seen reports that there were players from the SEC numbered in the teens as first rounders. Problem is, if you think about it, there is no way this is true. There are over a hundred FBS schools and I don’t know how many FCS schools. There are 32 first round picks. There’s always some random guy you’ve never heard of that’s drafted early from some two-bit school you know nothing about on the FCS level. The numbers just don’t work out.
Some of these guys hear “first round” and are ready to jump regardless of what the truth is, because SOMEONE said they were first round material. You can probably find through multiple sources that we have 8-10 “first rounders” on the team in Seniors and draft eligible Juniors. That’s almost a third of the round. Anybody with one eye and half sense knows this can’t happen. So someone slips down the board and slips again and again. While the player is sitting there realizing they may have messed up coming out early and have let themselves and their college teammates down. Look at how many draft eligible Juniors have come out and ended up not drafted at all, and they can’t redo their decision and go back to school and work hard to get drafted. Seems like it was quite a large number last year.
Some of these guys really need to think hard as to what one more year might do for them with the support staff in place at UA vs rolling the dice and hoping for an early first round pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.