Players leaving early for the draft

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
There was talk he and Mack were still deciding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When is the deadline to announce?
I seriously think, for some, it’s a “bird in the hand” way of thinking. Some of them are leaving a pile of money on the table by leaving early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I seriously think, for some, it’s a “bird in the hand” way of thinking. Some of them are leaving a pile of money on the table by leaving early.

If I am not mistaken, Monday is the deadline to declare. Again, I could be wrong.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Monday is the deadline.

Haven’t seen anything lately, but I know Deionte was seen as a first rounder about midway this season.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Monday is the deadline.

Haven’t seen anything lately, but I know Deionte was seen as a first rounder about midway this season.

I recall hearing the same noise, but crickets lately.
I’d be shocked if he goes higher than late second - his late season performance wowed no one.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Yeah... get out! It’s bizarre.
Saban always says if they are a first round grade they need to go. JW, QW, IS all meet that criteria. Seeing DT met with Saban again, one has to assume he got a late 1st early 2nd grade. JJ I can see too. RB only have so much tread on the tires and he has a son. He is from the hood in Tulsa so, he is taking care of family. Homestly, SS probably making the right call too. He won’t improve his stock next year being a backup.

Mac Wilson would benefit if he had good coaching. Unless Pete gets shown the door, his coaching will be garbage again and he will regress more. Therefore, Mac needs to go unless Saban tells him he will have real coaching next year.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Thompson shouldn't go out, he's gonna fall to the 2nd round.
Nah, it’s a very weak safety class. Even after the last few games every mock draft I’ve seen had him as the top 1-2 safety taken.

As of now he’ll likely go toward the end of the 1st or very early in the 2nd. With his measurables and potential, the only way he drops beyond that is if he bombs the combine/interviews.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Saban always says if they are a first round grade they need to go. JW, QW, IS all meet that criteria. Seeing DT met with Saban again, one has to assume he got a late 1st early 2nd grade. JJ I can see too. RB only have so much tread on the tires and he has a son. He is from the hood in Tulsa so, he is taking care of family. Homestly, SS probably making the right call too. He won’t improve his stock next year being a backup.

Mac Wilson would benefit if he had good coaching. Unless Pete gets shown the door, his coaching will be garbage again and he will regress more. Therefore, Mac needs to go unless Saban tells him he will have real coaching next year.
Deleted

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I believe that the players and coaches all have the desire to advance their careers. Shame on them. :rolleyes:
Agreed, way too many people here are acting like the decisions to leave are personal. Every coach who has left so far has taken a promotion. Every player who has left is almost guaranteed to be taken in the first two rounds.

What’s going on isn’t personal, or rocket science. It’s human beings doing what they feel is best for their future. Happens every day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.