Players leaving early for the draft

Striker

Oct 10, 2017
Idk why people are so amused by Stidham. Seriously, why? I get that he hasn’t been a world beater, but he did beat us. But even that is not really relevant. His mesurables are pretty dang good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Idk why people are so amused by Stidham. Seriously, why? I get that he hasn’t been a world beater, but he did beat us. But even that is not really relevant. His mesurables are pretty dang good.
Because he's a pretty talented QB. He just made a weak decision going to play for Gus. That was not a great marriage from the get go.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Stidham will do well throwing against air. He has the look of a QB and a lot of the measurables. He will struggle with pressure and reading defenses. I don't expect him to be successful in the NFL.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Stidham had a decent 1st year at auburn, but this past year was pretty bad. This is not a good draft year for QBs. I don't see any that really standout as future stars.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Stidham had a decent 1st year at auburn, but this past year was pretty bad. This is not a good draft year for QBs. I don't see any that really standout as future stars.
Saw someone compare this QB class to 2013. That may end up being accurate.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It really gets my goat that OU got away with this.He basically got a $4 mil + interest free loan for a year so that he could live like a king in college under the guise that he was going to play baseball. It was better than the insurance policy loophole because he could actually spend the millions of dollars...while in college!!! Even the kid (RB) at Ole Miss won't be able to pull this off...

*** I wonder of OU (I mean Murray) has to pay the A's interest back on the loan too?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...ay-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback

Murray is committed to football 100 percent. Not a wise decision for him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It really gets my goat that OU got away with this.He basically got a $4 mil + interest free loan for a year so that he could live like a king in college under the guise that he was going to play baseball. It was better than the insurance policy loophole because he could actually spend the millions of dollars...while in college!!! Even the kid (RB) at Ole Miss won't be able to pull this off...

*** I wonder of OU has to pay the A's interest back on the loan too?
He never got the full $4 million. From the article:

Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus money the A's gave him last year, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan. Murray forfeits the remaining $3.16 million, due March 1. The A's will put him on the restricted list and retain Murray's rights, but they won't get a compensatory draft pick.
This isn't unusual. It's part of the NCAA model. A player can be professional in one sport while remaining an amateur in another one.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I could be wrong, but didn't the SEC pass a rule stating that players could not have professional contracts?

"This isn't unusual. It's part of the NCAA model. A player can be professional in one sport while remaining an amateur in another one."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I could be wrong, but didn't the SEC pass a rule stating that players could not have professional contracts?

"This isn't unusual. It's part of the NCAA model. A player can be professional in one sport while remaining an amateur in another one."
Not sure about the specifics. I know Alabama had a walk-on player a couple of years ago that was a former MLB player. Auburn has had a couple, too.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.