Players leaving early for the draft

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Anyone can put up a mock draft. Even the experts are usually nowhere close to accurate. There’s so much that factors into it that it’s really really tough to do. Some, like that one, are simply absurd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
These mock drafts are are usually not close, especially since we haven’t gone through the combine, trades or teams evaluating their exact needs. But I wouldn’t call it absurd. Heck, some of the draft day picks leave most of us scratching our heads. His guess is probably better than ours, he was paid to evaluate players as an NFL scout for the Ravens Browns and Eagles. I don’t expect JJ to be a top 5 pick, but at mid season I didnt think he would be a first or second day pick. Hope for the best for Josh. Versatile and tough! Played QB in HS, so he is a smart kid.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For sure first rounders: Williams, Thompson, and Jonah
Maybe 1st rounders but definite 2nd: Jacobs, Irv, and Mack

I just have a hard time seeing Josh getting a top 15 pick unless someone's #1 need is a RB. Barkley was kinda of a different situation with his super star hype and his skills being needed in NY. I just don't think Josh has that Rockstar appeal to put butts in seat that usually comes with those Premier picks. I think aft 15 we should all be looking for him to be picked.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Josh Jacobs really opened eyes the last few games of his Bama career, the latest NFL.com mock draft has him as #5 overall pick to the Bucs. Gonna miss Josh!
Can’t find this mock draft. Who did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
These mock drafts are are usually not close, especially since we haven’t gone through the combine, trades or teams evaluating their exact needs. But I wouldn’t call it absurd. Heck, some of the draft day picks leave most of us scratching our heads. His guess is probably better than ours, he was paid to evaluate players as an NFL scout for the Ravens Browns and Eagles. I don’t expect JJ to be a top 5 pick, but at mid season I didnt think he would be a first or second day pick. Hope for the best for Josh. Versatile and tough! Played QB in HS, so he is a smart kid.
I'd love for JJ to go #5. You're actually probably right in that this guy is just trying to go ahead and attempt at predicting the chaos of the draft early. The reason I went with absurd was because if nothing else the teams will draft need 95 times out of 100. Every once in awhile you'll have a GM that strongly believes in "taking the best available" especially if it is a no-brainer. Calvin Ridley is a great example of this and I guarantee you that Atlanta fans were thankful. The defense, which was a much bigger need, suffered. Always a cause and effect. Jerry Jones should have taken Calvin and kicked himself for passing and had to go get Amari Cooper to save the season because they ignored their most glaring need. This mock has well over half the picks being "non need" picks.
NFL.com also does a bold predictions segment and this might be associated with that. If so, it would make a LOT more sense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hope Jacobs goes that high but he doesn't seem like a top 5 pick tailback. You're talking guys like Zeke and Peterson go that high.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'd love for Jacobs to go to the 49ers, and he would be a good backup to McKinnon and be a good fit with what Shanahan wants in a RB. But, SF need edge rushers, LBs, and WRs. An OG would be great as well.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
In the right offense, JJ is a rookie MVP. I don't really know what team runs an offense similar to NO. He is a Kamara clone that runs with a little more power IMO.
It not just the offense, he needs to go to a team that actually needs him. I cannot think of a team right now that checks these two boxes.
1. right offense
2. team need.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It not just the offense, he needs to go to a team that actually needs him. I cannot think of a team right now that checks these two boxes.
1. right offense
2. team need.
If the Chiefs don't feel like Damien Williams is the long-term replacement for Kareem Hunt, they may fit the description. Imagine Jacobs in that system with Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, and Kelce... Colts and Eagles could be good landing spots as well.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If the Chiefs don't feel like Damien Williams is the long-term replacement for Kareem Hunt, they may fit the description. Imagine Jacobs in that system with Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, and Kelce... Colts and Eagles could be good landing spots as well.
I would love it if Jacobs went to the Chiefs.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Josh runs hard like Trent did, has vision and speed like Ingram, and the ability to catch the ball like Kenyon.....

He could well go Top 5-10 if his measurables and workouts are good

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.