Players leaving early for the draft

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Not questioning you, but that quote seems dubious. First, he is already rich by most standards since he has already been paid millions of dollars by the A's to play baseball. The "very soon" makes the quote wrong, and therefore questionable. Second, he would have been talking to men who will also be very rich soon, so it would be meaningless. It would be like Bill Gates bragging to Warren Buffet that he was rich.
I think the poster is referencing Alabama players post national championship. Not KM.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Not questioning you, but that quote seems dubious. First, he is already rich by most standards since he has already been paid millions of dollars by the A's to play baseball. The "very soon" makes the quote wrong, and therefore questionable. Second, he would have been talking to men who will also be very rich soon, so it would be meaningless. It would be like Bill Gates bragging to Warren Buffet that he was rich.
I think the poster is referencing Alabama players post national championship. Not KM.
Come on B1GTide, you must be trying to multi-task for the lunch hour. :D

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Wasn't sure where to put this, or even if I should post this. I happen to be good friends with a guy whose son starts for Clemson. We spoke again yesterday. His son made it clear that literally everything the Tide did on defense, the offense expected and was prepared for. Absolutely NOTHING we did, confused them. Further, he said the defensive line of ND was better than Bama, which was surprising since in the prior two years he was extremely impressed with our D line.
After the game, he spoke to a few Bama guys he mentioned to me by name. I will not name them..but three basically told him the same thing.." Ok,,,you beat us, but I'm gonna be rich very soon."

Kind of puts this loss into a different perspective for me. BTW..said Tua could not have been more gracious.
Not much here we didn’t already know! The team wasn’t prepared. It’s been said there was a very unsettling coaches meeting a few days after the game that was nothing more than an extended butt chewing . I mean it’s not like Clemson held Alabama to 164 yards of offense. They gave up like 450 yards by the end of the third quarter. So they must of been a little confused , either that or Bama was just that much better athletically! Clemson didn’t have more total yards until their final drive, the game was over at that point!
As for the ‘Rich’ statement. Maybe it was said,maybe it wasn’t! maybe it was a player’s way of dealing with a loss, looking at their bright future, I don’t know, it’s hearsay at this point!

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Wasn't sure where to put this, or even if I should post this. I happen to be good friends with a guy whose son starts for Clemson. We spoke again yesterday. His son made it clear that literally everything the Tide did on defense, the offense expected and was prepared for. Absolutely NOTHING we did, confused them. Further, he said the defensive line of ND was better than Bama, which was surprising since in the prior two years he was extremely impressed with our D line.
After the game, he spoke to a few Bama guys he mentioned to me by name. I will not name them..but three basically told him the same thing.." Ok,,,you beat us, but I'm gonna be rich very soon."

Kind of puts this loss into a different perspective for me. BTW..said Tua could not have been more gracious.
This is totally disappointing, but not surprising seeing how our team played that night. I’ve never seen such a poor game from an Alabama team. If I was a conspiracy theorist I’d believe the game was rigged or someone was payed off or something. But Clemson deserves all the credit. They were more prepared, better coached (that’s hard to say since CNS has been here).

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This is totally disappointing, but not surprising seeing how our team played that night. I’ve never seen such a poor game from an Alabama team. If I was a conspiracy theorist I’d believe the game was rigged or someone was payed off or something. But Clemson deserves all the credit. They were more prepared, better coached (that’s hard to say since CNS has been here).
Now that the dust has settled (somewhat) I am not surprised at the house cleaning going on. This was the worst prepared and least effort given -- when the chips were down -- that I have witnessed from Bama since Utah State or maybe VT way back in the Music City Bowl. I've rarely if ever seen a CNS team just be so confused...and hopeless.

I actually feel better now that I've heard some of these things and know that coaches are being held accountable. I was afraid that CNS was becoming "soft." LOL.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Not much here we didn’t already know! The team wasn’t prepared. It’s been said there was a very unsettling coaches meeting a few days after the game that was nothing more than an extended butt chewing . I mean it’s not like Clemson held Alabama to 164 yards of offense. They gave up like 450 yards by the end of the third quarter. So they must of been a little confused , either that or Bama was just that much better athletically! Clemson didn’t have more total yards until their final drive, the game was over at that point!
As for the ‘Rich’ statement. Maybe it was said,maybe it wasn’t! maybe it was a player’s way of dealing with a loss, looking at their bright future, I don’t know, it’s hearsay at this point!
I can tell you that the kid from Clemson is a quiet hard working kid who does not like attention or normally say brash stuff..so I personally believe the defensive players said those things to him. Now..its just kids talking to kids...so anything can come out of their mouths , especially in that setting!

BTW...the statement about "nothing confused Clemson" was referring to the Bama DEFENSE only. The offense obviously moved the ball.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I can tell you that the kid from Clemson is a quiet hard working kid who does not like attention or normally say brash stuff..so I personally believe the defensive players said those things to him. Now..its just kids talking to kids...so anything can come out of their mouths , especially in that setting!

BTW...the statement about "nothing confused Clemson" was referring to the Bama DEFENSE only. The offense obviously moved the ball.
Again, not earth shattering news here. Bama’s defense has been really confused at times against Auburn, Georgia, Oklahoma and even Arkansas . There was no Alpha dog on this team! BAMA lost this game from the Dec 30Th to Jan 6th. I wrote a long diatribe about this, then changed my mind , erased and will simply write that Clemson won the game. As more and more comes out, I am slowly retracting the respect I have for that program and fanbase and the way they have handled the win. Either way, I’m Not going to bash players named or unnamed! Roll Tide!

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I made a post about this already in this thread, but it has gotten worse! A total of 16 players have left or are leaving the Penn St program. 5 declared for the draft , Eleven have entered the transfer portal . That’s in addition to the senior class. Really hard to manage a roster if kids leave after early signing period. What the heck is going on in unhappy valley!

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/sports/college/psu/football/2019/01/16/players-leaving-penn-state-football-program-alarming-rate/2592495002/

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I made a post about this already in this thread, but it has gotten worse! A total of 16 players have left or are leaving the Penn St program. 5 declared for the draft , Eleven have entered the transfer portal . That’s in addition to the senior class. Really hard to manage a roster if kids leave after early signing period. What the heck is going on in unhappy valley!

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/...te-football-program-alarming-rate/2592495002/
There are only 18 players either signed or committed to Penn State at this point.

I count 10 seniors on their 247 roster that are most likely on scholarship. That means they are losing around 26 players and getting 18 or so in this class. Not the most ideal situation.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/sports/college/psu/football/2019/01/16/players-leaving-penn-state-football-program-alarming-rate/2592495002/
James Franklin is what is happening. He’s a total charlatan and he’s definitely reaping what he’s sown. Anyone who would hire this fraud is either a) a moron b) one devoid of scruples or both. I wouldn’t let him anywhere near my university.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...135-forgo-college-eligibility-enter-nfl-draft

And how many actual spots are there in a draft, 224? A lot of these kids are going to regret not staying but I’m also sure several of them never had intention on graduating, just using college football as a launching point to what they believe is a lucrative NFL career.
That’s 135 juniors - doesn’t leave much room for any seniors.
I agree on your thought about them never intending to graduate - it was a three year internship in hopes of a jackpot payday.
For some, it will be a heartbreaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
The point is, all of these kids think they are getting drafted. Someone told them they would and should come out. That’s over half the draft if they all didnget drafted. And you know there are plenty of Seniors that are better quality draft material. I hate it for the kids that are just taking advice from what they believe to be a good source and will end up ruining themselves because they have no degree and no job in professional sports. I’m sure many have been in a bad financial situation for a long time and are getting right back in it because they have essentially been lied to.

There are usually more picks added to thr back of the draft and there ends up being about 255.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
James Franklin is an idiot coach who is only at Penn State because he caught the SEC East at an ideal time and only still at Penn State because of Mississippi State's current head coach.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Josh Jacobs really opened eyes the last few games of his Bama career, the latest NFL.com mock draft has him as #5 overall pick to the Bucs. Gonna miss Josh!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
In the interviews that I have seen, he appears to be as humble as you could reasonably expect a person to be who has been placed on a pedestal for most of his life. His father - not so much.
Murray is a great kid, it’s not like he gave himself a nickname after one game like Kenny Hill Jr. did, another son of a baseball player. In regards to his father, it’s probably a LaVar Ball/Lonzo Ball type deal, completely different personalities.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.