UGA fans scratching their heads - interesting stats & recruiting comparison

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wouldn't even give Smart the designation of Richt 2.0 yet. Someone posted in another thread that Rich and Smart have the exact same record after the first 3 years; both are 32-8 with 1 SEC title and almost identical finishes each year. The hard part starts now for Smart..
and as someone pointed out recently, richt did alot of it with jim donnan recruits

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep. Also Jacobs was a running QB in HS, I believe. Coach Burns went to watch him play basketball to verify his quickness and athletic ability.
I liked that he'd finally picked up offers from MO and OU, and a bunch of smaller schools, when the Bama offer came in, it was all over. I wonder how many have really read the NFL draft numbers and the contrast between UGA and Bama and realize what that really means... :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Georgia seems to like the fact they had five players on the SEC All-Freshman team. Most of any school. Alabama had four.

Just more evidence of how stacked Alabama is.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
IIRC, Jacobs wasn't a hot recruit because his coach didn't send out his film early in the process and Josh didn't attend camps.
And he was a wildcat QB on his team and not a RB. One of the best if not best late pick-ups ever. Wallace Gilberry is probably the best ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.