Jalen Hurts Destination Thread - Where and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrankfree

Scout Team
Aug 1, 2006
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but any chance that Jalen ends up at Maryland with Coach Locksley? The QB situation there has been shaky at best with injuries and tranfers. Just a thought.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but any chance that Jalen ends up at Maryland with Coach Locksley? The QB situation there has been shaky at best with injuries and tranfers. Just a thought.
Who would he throw to? How is the offensive line. If he leaves he should choose a school with decent receivers at least.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We discussed this in another thread and we disagree. That's cool. Reasonable people can see things differently.

:cheers2:
Amen, brother. I don't even know what you two disagreed on, but the idea that reasonable and knowledgeable people can see things differently is getting to be a lost perspective.

Too often today the position is, "If you don't see things my way, (1) you've insulted me at a personal level, and (2) not only are you wrong and a moron, you're also morally inferior."

Civil debate is what TideFans is all about, and at the core of that is respectful disagreement. Kudos.

Regarding the question about where Jalen goes, if anywhere: While I think he's improved light years as a passer, I also think it's been an incredibly painful year for Jalen. I think he wants a new start at a new place, and I can't say that I blame him.

I could see him following Locksley. More interesting, though, might be Washington State. The pirate is a strange dude, but he knows offense, and would have to be salivating at the thought of Jalen's skill set in his offense. He'd also develop Jalen's passing game further. Plus, I'd love to see the Pac-12 defenses grappling with Jalen's combination of speed and power running. Minshew's gone, so the position is open.

I don't see Auburn. The contents of that cesspool are splattering everywhere.

The President's in trouble. The AD is a puppet. Malzahn just got neutered. No OC. No chance of attracting a credible one. Which means Malzahn continues in his de facto role as OC. On top of which, he (Malzahn) has no history of developing any QB he's ever had, including Cam. I just can't see any logical reason why Jalen would dive into that overflowing septic tank.

Wherever he goes, I wish him well. He's been a class act, and deserves the ending he wants.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re-watching Q4 of the SECCG.

That TD pass to Jeudy.

Wowza.

If I were Dan Enos, I would have a permanent link to that vid in my CV...
When I saw that play and the pass to Waddle, I thought he was trying to throw the ball away and got lucky. Then I saw the replay where you see Jalen's eyes.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Seriously OK would be a good spot. I hate the Big 12 style but I think Jalen running and passing with that offense could put up some video game numbers. I’m hoping he goes pac 12 or acc. Personally I’m hoping Oregon is the spot. I could pull for them if Jalen was there and their kickoff times and Bama kickoff times don’t usually overlap. I’ll get a hat and T-shirt for the season and watch every game they play. Then after Jalen leaves I will never wear the hat or shirt again. Anyone heard what their QB is planning to do? I haven’t heard an announcement but I may have just missed it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Seriously OK would be a good spot. I hate the Big 12 style but I think Jalen running and passing with that offense could put up some video game numbers. I’m hoping he goes pac 12 or acc. Personally I’m hoping Oregon is the spot. I could pull for them if Jalen was there and their kickoff times and Bama kickoff times don’t usually overlap. I’ll get a hat and T-shirt for the season and watch every game they play. Then after Jalen leaves I will never wear the hat or shirt again. Anyone heard what their QB is planning to do? I haven’t heard an announcement but I may have just missed it.
He has a 4.6 million contract to play baseball for Oakland A's

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
bigjue24;3344287[U said:
]Seriously OK would be a good spot. I hate the Big 12 style but I think Jalen running and passing with that offense could put up some video game numbers.[/U] I’m hoping he goes pac 12 or acc. Personally I’m hoping Oregon is the spot. I could pull for them if Jalen was there and their kickoff times and Bama kickoff times don’t usually overlap. I’ll get a hat and T-shirt for the season and watch every game they play. Then after Jalen leaves I will never wear the hat or shirt again. Anyone heard what their QB is planning to do? I haven’t heard an announcement but I may have just missed it.
Right, and then Jalen could be the next Heisman winner out of OU. Another OU QB beating out Tua. Wouldn't that be a sock to the kisser. As I've said before, I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. But, WOW, that may cause me to rethink my 'best wishes'.
ROLL TIDE!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
i think it would be interesting to see how Jalen would do at OK in that system. He might be with Tua in New York next year.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
i think it would be interesting to see how Jalen would do at OK in that system. He might be with Tua in New York next year.
OK is probably too obvious with the way Lincoln Riley complimented him. I only hope that Jalen can get to a team that can utilize his talents and I agree with a supporting cast JH could be in New York.

Jacie

Dec 7, 2018
Right, and then Jalen could be the next Heisman winner out of OU. Another OU QB beating out Tua. Wouldn't that be a sock to the kisser. As I've said before, I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. But, WOW, that may cause me to rethink my 'best wishes'.
ROLL TIDE!
That would be an incredible twist of fate, to follow in the footsteps of two previous walk-ons who went on to win the Heisman Trophy and just to contend for it would be the equivalent of three consecutive strikes by lightning in the same spot.

Jalen would be welcomed in Norman and all he has to do is beat out Austin Kendall and a couple of signees to be named the next starting QB for the Oklahoma Sooners.

I have read that Oregon is the more likely destination since he already knows the position coach is it?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I thought Spencer Rattler was the next coming at OU? Already on the ballot for next year?
That would be an incredible twist of fate, to follow in the footsteps of two previous walk-ons who went on to win the Heisman Trophy and just to contend for it would be the equivalent of three consecutive strikes by lightning in the same spot.

Jalen would be welcomed in Norman and all he has to do is beat out Austin Kendall and a couple of signees to be named the next starting QB for the Oklahoma Sooners.

I have read that Oregon is the more likely destination since he already knows the position coach is it?

Tide99

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
Jalen should consider declaring for the draft.

He's got his degree, 28 games as a starter, and showed great progress this year under Enos. If Tyrod Taylor can get drafted then I think Jalen would as well. He's a more polished QB right now than Taylor was.

There are risk to transferring to another school for just a year. What if he ends up in a QB battle and loses out. If it's close a coach may want to go with the guy who will be there more than a year. I also don't believe he will get any better coaching than he did from Enos.

He may be asked to win games with his legs and not get the chance to really develop any further as a passer or even possibly go backwards in the wrong situation.

If there is a decent probability of him getting drafted then he should just go now and start developing under a NFL coach and system imo. With his strong arm and running ability there are probably a few teams who would like to make him a 2 or 3 year project and see what his potential is.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Jalen should consider declaring for the draft.

Or

He could stay another year under Enos and run the scout team against the first team defense every week and when draft time comes around he could send tapes and schedule workouts with good situations in the NFL that HE thinks will give him the best chance to succeed.

We all know he's a long shot to make it so he might as well make the most of his limited chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Jalen should consider declaring for the draft.

I thought we had 2-3 threads like this already. He should get a starting gig somewhere and try to work his way into round 1. I’d love him to stay. But he already closed the book and finished his fairy tale. This is Tua’s show now.

Not sure how he ever tops what happened. If I am Jalen I’m finding a job in the Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.