Who do we match up better with? Clemson or Notre Dame?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
how do we match up with Oklahoma?
No one matches up great with that offense...that's why they are successful.

You have to get push in the middle, but almost mush rush on the outside. You'd rather Murray pass for 400 than run for 150. Nothing is more demoralizing/tiring for a DLine.

I would argue that there is only one defense in the country that would match up better with OU and that is Mississippi State.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Clempson can ALWAYS Clempson!!!

I don’t care the year, the opponent, or the talent. If any team could lose to the Lamers...it’s Clempson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it would be great to see the following:

A clempsoning.
Beating Oklahoma.
Beating ND.

It would make my year if these all happened and in this order.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I would love to see Clemson go down, so we could get another shot at ND after we vanquish Oklahoma.

But I think it's more likely that Clemson will beat ND like we beat ND in 2012. Notre Dame squeaked by a bunch of teams, including Vandy. And the big name games on their schedule - Stanford, Florida State, USC - were all suffering thru very substandard years. I don't really think they are a top 4 team. Georgia or Ohio State are better teams.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
how do we match up with Oklahoma?
We match up well in some areas, in others not so much.

But that's what makes this an interesting game.

IMO our offense needs to be on top of their game. Run the ball, possess the ball, score TDs. Our defense will likely be on their heels early on as Oklahoma does some new things while going really fast. But if our offense can keep pace I trust our defense to ultimately start getting consistent stops and/or forcing turnovers.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
No one matches up great with that offense...that's why they are successful.

You have to get push in the middle, but almost mush rush on the outside. You'd rather Murray pass for 400 than run for 150. Nothing is more demoralizing/tiring for a DLine.

I would argue that there is only one defense in the country that would match up better with OU and that is Mississippi State.
Having big physical Dbs and quick LBs will be a BIG plus. This will be by FAR (as in light years) the fastest defense they’ll have seen. The inverse is also true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Notre Dame is in on name recognition and an undefeated schedule. They brag that they don’t play the 1-AA teams but they might as well with some of the pitiful 1-A schools they do play year in and year out. Like someone else said, they’ve had close games against less than stellar competition.
Who would I rather play? ND wins that easily. Clemson is going to kill ND, I just don’t see them handling the speed/power that Clemson has.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I have a clempson grad, and a woman that worships him at my place of work, therefore she has become one of the most obnoxious clueless fans in the world, i would love nothing better than that see ND beat them, but it aint gonna happen................
I live in Columbia, SC. You just described a lot of people here.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.