How Georgia DB Viewed Alabama Comeback, Reaction to Jalen Hurts Entering Game

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Seeing him run like the again reminded me that I had forgotten just how flipping fast he is. He never looks like he's working that hard, he just glides, but man, speed speed speed speed speed...
i loved that he dropped that play right after gary was running his mouth about how jalen was not a 100 pct runner.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Seeing him run like the again reminded me that I had forgotten just how flipping fast he is. He never looks like he's working that hard, he just glides, but man, speed speed speed speed speed...
And he will be fully healthy for the playoff. Hopefully Tua will as well.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
We do forget just how great Jalen looked at times even throwing the ball until he lost confidence. Some of that had to be feeling pressure from Tua and the lack of personal coaching during those two years. The comparison is astounding Tua 0-5 on 3rd down Jalen 5-5 on 3rd down coming from behind.

In the right situation I would not be surprised to see Jalen in the Heisman balloting next year! It will be well deserved!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think it hurts that they were beating us so handedly and that we found a way to win.
Again.

I've got karma whispering in my ear that if Kirby had left Bama in a clean manner they might not be having such bad luck. :smile:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I KNEW IT!!!
I was waiting for this excuse - and it’s either a lie or KS is a worse coach than we thought.
Everybody knew Tua was banged up; knowing JH and his history only a fool would have overlooked that.
Oh, wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Kirby has basically given away the blueprint to beating Georgia. If any team has a decent back up QB just put them into the game because Georgia never seems to prepare for that.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I wonder if the left handed/right handed change affected their reads and play? Tua goes left -- obviously -- and Jalen goes right -- as he did for his big plays in the game -- other than the beautiful throw down the middle to Irv Smith.

BTW, Jalen seemed to "gallop" out of early trouble when scrambling on a play. After that he ran much freer...and seemingly faster. I wonder if the gallop loosened up his ankle and took away the residual fear?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if the left handed/right handed change affected their reads and play? Tua goes left -- obviously -- and Jalen goes right -- as he did for his big plays in the game -- other than the beautiful throw down the middle to Irv Smith.

BTW, Jalen seemed to "gallop" out of early trouble when scrambling on a play. After that he ran much freer...and seemingly faster. I wonder if the gallop loosened up his ankle and took away the residual fear?
Actually, that passed my mind also. I've had that happen coming back from an injury, probably more in kayaking after having an upper back sprain or tear. The same Adrenalin boost helped me paddle the Grand Canyon with a torn rotator cuff. Hurt like hell until the roar of the rapids made me forget it - until the end of the day. Probably finished the cuff, also... :)

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
This quote stood out to me from the article, “Everybody was saying let’s finish this fourth quarter strong,” the Georgia safety said Wednesday in Atlanta. “Let’s not have the same thing happen as last year but you know …”

This sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They were thinking so much about not letting the last game happen again, yet our guys were thinking that they were in the game no matter what happened. In a way, our thinking can create our reality. Our guys go into every game believing they are never out of it, no matter what happens, but this quote makes it sound like the UGA players believed deep down that something would happen to cost them the game the entire time. That was the real difference between Bama and UGA on Saturday.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Actually, that passed my mind also. I've had that happen coming back from an injury, probably more in kayaking after having an upper back sprain or tear. The same Adrenalin boost helped me paddle the Grand Canyon with a torn rotator cuff. Hurt like hell until the roar of the rapids made me forget it - until the end of the day. Probably finished the cuff, also... :)
I have hiked down to the river. It scared the heck out of me to walk out on the bridge! I can imagine that heading down it in a Kayak would get the juices flowing for sure.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Imagine if Tua started throwing right handed and Jalen threw one left handed......... think of the confusion

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This quote stood out to me from the article, “Everybody was saying let’s finish this fourth quarter strong,” the Georgia safety said Wednesday in Atlanta. “Let’s not have the same thing happen as last year but you know …”

This sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They were thinking so much about not letting the last game happen again, yet our guys were thinking that they were in the game no matter what happened. In a way, our thinking can create our reality. Our guys go into every game believing they are never out of it, no matter what happens, but this quote makes it sound like the UGA players believed deep down that something would happen to cost them the game the entire time. That was the real difference between Bama and UGA on Saturday.
The difference is hoping you can win vs. knowing you will win. UGA may be fully processed at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
nothing like some gnarly whitewater to focus the energy :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Georgia made a couple adjustments. They tried to bring that DB blitz that everyone ran against Jalen since the LSU game his freshman year. It just didn't work.
That was the adjustment I hoped Georgia might make.
Difference is Jalen has had a year working with Coach Enos to make him an effective passer.
This year Ga. sends the house after Jalen... BINGO... Jalen completes a pass and Ga. got caught with their pants down. Jalen is now a more complete QB. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.