What was the best team ever Alabama played?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How could you tell how good football teams were back in 1971? The video footage from those games is so bad that the games look like the techmo bowl. :biggrin2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Some of us are old enough to have watched the game live...
Only half kidding. I am in my 50s, so I remember when horrible TV images used to seem amazing clear. When I see video of those games today I wonder how I ever watched TV back then.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Only half kidding. I am in my 50s, so I remember when horrible TV images used to seem amazing clear. When I see video of those games today I wonder how I ever watched TV back then.
Did you ever have to put aluminum foil on the rabbit ears to improve the reception? At one early, rural pastorate I would go outside and turn the antenna pole while my wife gave me feedback!!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
This...I was so depressed after this game...was it after this that we went to the wishbone or the next year? The years run together...
We ran the wishbone against them. Unfortunately, compared to the Oklahoma team of that year, we ran it in slow motion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Did you ever have to put aluminum foil on the rabbit ears to improve the reception? At one early, rural pastorate I would go outside and turn the antenna pole while my wife gave me feedback!!
LOL - I remember those days all too well. I remember having my little brother stand and hold one "ear" of the antenna for two hours because we figured out that it helped reception.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Those of us who witnessed that 71 Nebraska team remember and dominated does not adequately describe what they did to us. Rich Glover, Rich Jacobsen and Willie Harper disrupted the wishbone all night long. Terry Davis, Johnny Musso, and others did not have anywhere to run. Their offense with Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers, and Jeff Kinney could not be stopped. We never had a chance in that game. It is sad to say that if we would have played them 10 times, they would have beaten us all 10 times. They were that good. They are the greatest college football team I have seen through my Crimson colored eyes. We have had some great ones but not one that was so dominant on both sides of the ball and in special teams.

Ping Pong Champ

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 2, 2018
I have been a fan since 1959. I agree that Nebraska was the best, followed by the USC team that doubled us up, 42-21.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.