Derrick Henry TD run 99 yards - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Derrick Henry TD run 99 yards

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBama75 View Post
    I have Derrick in my FF league and I have been so disappointed with how the Titans have used him this year. He gets one carry and leaves for 10 minutes, and does that over and over. At the end of the game he has 6-7 carries for 22 yards.
    I do too and have not started him since week 3 due to the way they use him. Played our first round of play-offs this week and sure could have used the 72 pts he had last night. As you suggest, Derrick needs to get lathered up before he starts rolling and hopefully the Titans will finally understand.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    He doesnt. Time and again I see NFL coaches do really dumb things with their running game. Guys like Ingram and Henry need the ball to get In a rhythm and then they get stronger as the game goes. The coaches on the other hand expect that when they decide to actually run the ball with one of these studs that it should rip off 20 yards and when it doesn’t they put it back on the shelf for 5-6 snaps.
    Agreed. The only team in the league that relies heavily on the running game is the Seahawks. Sign of the times due to how high school and college football is now being played.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by im4uainva View Post
    Brings back some great memories. I'd like to see him do a lot more of that. Go Derrick!

ROLL TIDE!
    I haven't watched alot of Titans FB this year but Derrick was lining up exceptionally deep in the backfield.If this was to allow him an extra step to get up to speed I'm calling brilliant coaching job.

BamaNation First Team superbamashane's Avatar

Just realized that Rashaan Evans dropped Fournette at the 1 on 4th and goal to set this play up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If winning was easy, Auburn could do it.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabamafan View Post
    I haven't watched alot of Titans FB this year but Derrick was lining up exceptionally deep in the backfield.If this was to allow him an extra step to get up to speed I'm calling brilliant coaching job.
    Noticed the same thing...and yes, that helps DH immensely. How it took this long to figure out is beyond me...he also ran well from the "Wildcat."
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Having himself a game tonight. Jacksonville D wants none of what he’s bringing.
    Neither did Oklahoma. Neither did tOSU. But for some reason we kept yanking him out of the game.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    He doesnt. Time and again I see NFL coaches do really dumb things with their running game. Guys like Ingram and Henry need the ball to get In a rhythm and then they get stronger as the game goes. The coaches on the other hand expect that when they decide to actually run the ball with one of these studs that it should rip off 20 yards and when it doesn’t they put it back on the shelf for 5-6 snaps.
    I remember how the Seahawks misused Shaun Alexander when he was within sight of the rushing title................which I think was on purpose to prevent having to pay him a bonus

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Wow, I think if I saw DH running my way I'd just sit down and cry. That stiff arm is deadly!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Wow, I think if I saw DH running my way I'd just sit down and cry. That stiff arm is deadly!
    I'll tell you one thing for sure - I wouldn't try to tackle him high.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    i love seeing the haters speaking of poor tackling of a 6ft3 inch 245 lb monster as if it's supposed to be easy. try taking an angle and tackling that coming at you full speed
    There’s two ways to do it - and one might actually work. You saw in the video the wrong way.
    Neither way is easy with someone like DH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower