Derrick Henry TD run 99 yards

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I briefly wondered, as he approached the goal line, if he would stop, turn around, and knock the guys chasing him down before he crossed the goal line. He looked like a bowling ball knocking pins down.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I have Derrick in my FF league and I have been so disappointed with how the Titans have used him this year. He gets one carry and leaves for 10 minutes, and does that over and over. At the end of the game he has 6-7 carries for 22 yards. Anyone watching Derrick though the years and at Bama know if you get him in a rhythm in the 4th quarter he can take over a game. I know he has to be frustrated. I have seem them run Dion Lewis on the goal line and 4 and 1 and be stopped many times this year. Poor coaching in my opinion. And by the way, I had him on the bench last night as well. I played him for 6-8 weeks this year and he costs me 3 or 4 wins. I hope this new coach finally understands what he has...

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
He doesnt. Time and again I see NFL coaches do really dumb things with their running game. Guys like Ingram and Henry need the ball to get In a rhythm and then they get stronger as the game goes. The coaches on the other hand expect that when they decide to actually run the ball with one of these studs that it should rip off 20 yards and when it doesn’t they put it back on the shelf for 5-6 snaps.
I have Derrick in my FF league and I have been so disappointed with how the Titans have used him this year. He gets one carry and leaves for 10 minutes, and does that over and over. At the end of the game he has 6-7 carries for 22 yards. Anyone watching Derrick though the years and at Bama know if you get him in a rhythm in the 4th quarter he can take over a game. I know he has to be frustrated. I have seem them run Dion Lewis on the goal line and 4 and 1 and be stopped many times this year. Poor coaching in my opinion. And by the way, I had him on the bench last night as well. I played him for 6-8 weeks this year and he costs me 3 or 4 wins. I hope this new coach finally understands what he has...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Bruce Jenner didn't have his manhood taken as suddenly or viciously as the Jag "defenders" did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
That was one of the best runs I have ever seen in my life, that's for sure.
Ironic that it was reported that the Titans were shopping Derrick Henry only a few games ago. The brilliance of NFL head coaches!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have Derrick in my FF league and I have been so disappointed with how the Titans have used him this year. He gets one carry and leaves for 10 minutes, and does that over and over. At the end of the game he has 6-7 carries for 22 yards.
I do too and have not started him since week 3 due to the way they use him. Played our first round of play-offs this week and sure could have used the 72 pts he had last night. As you suggest, Derrick needs to get lathered up before he starts rolling and hopefully the Titans will finally understand.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He doesnt. Time and again I see NFL coaches do really dumb things with their running game. Guys like Ingram and Henry need the ball to get In a rhythm and then they get stronger as the game goes. The coaches on the other hand expect that when they decide to actually run the ball with one of these studs that it should rip off 20 yards and when it doesn’t they put it back on the shelf for 5-6 snaps.
Agreed. The only team in the league that relies heavily on the running game is the Seahawks. Sign of the times due to how high school and college football is now being played.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.