Derrick Henry TD run 99 yards

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA
Brings back some great memories. I'd like to see him do a lot more of that. Go Derrick!

ROLL TIDE!
I haven't watched alot of Titans FB this year but Derrick was lining up exceptionally deep in the backfield.If this was to allow him an extra step to get up to speed I'm calling brilliant coaching job.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I haven't watched alot of Titans FB this year but Derrick was lining up exceptionally deep in the backfield.If this was to allow him an extra step to get up to speed I'm calling brilliant coaching job.
Noticed the same thing...and yes, that helps DH immensely. How it took this long to figure out is beyond me...he also ran well from the "Wildcat."

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He doesnt. Time and again I see NFL coaches do really dumb things with their running game. Guys like Ingram and Henry need the ball to get In a rhythm and then they get stronger as the game goes. The coaches on the other hand expect that when they decide to actually run the ball with one of these studs that it should rip off 20 yards and when it doesn’t they put it back on the shelf for 5-6 snaps.
I remember how the Seahawks misused Shaun Alexander when he was within sight of the rushing title................which I think was on purpose to prevent having to pay him a bonus

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
i love seeing the haters speaking of poor tackling of a 6ft3 inch 245 lb monster as if it's supposed to be easy. try taking an angle and tackling that coming at you full speed
There’s two ways to do it - and one might actually work. You saw in the video the wrong way.
Neither way is easy with someone like DH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Just checking the stats for today's game and I see DH has one TD, almost averaging 6 YPC and has throw a pass for 6 yards. How did the Titans not notice what this guy can do for so long?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just checking the stats for today's game and I see DH has one TD, almost averaging 6 YPC and has throw a pass for 6 yards. How did the Titans not notice what this guy can do for so long?
Most NFL coaches are idiots. This is why you see the teams finish 12-4 one year and 4-12 the next year with almost the exact same team.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Most NFL coaches are idiots. This is why you see the teams finish 12-4 one year and 4-12 the next year with almost the exact same team.
Most recent rule changes favor the passing game, so that's how the teams are built. chicks dig the long ball and all that. The down side is that most teams can't use their running game to kill clock at the end of a game.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
He's got over 400 yards, 6 TDs, and is averaging over 8 yards a carry over the last two weeks. As we all know from his time here at UA, DH is a volume back. He needs 25-30 carries a game, and if you give it to him, he's going to give you 125-150 and at least a score or two. Given how incompetent Marriota can look at times, I'd feed Derrick the rock as much as possible.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hard to be that kind of back in the NFL because a tailback can take several games to get 25 carries if their team isn't controlling the game on both sides of the ball. I think a lot of his strong play lately is due to the Titans electing to get behind their OL and backs instead of trying to sling it around with Mariota. It doesn't hurt that they've played several teams that their D can shutdown with ease.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.