Orange Bowl this year - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Orange Bowl this year

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    It may be committing a sacrilege but I have to wonder what CNS thoughts may be as to the most effective QB against Oklahoma. The spread offense and throwing the football around the field has not been the Saban orthodoxy and when we begin making poor reads and throwing the ball to the wrong guys it just can't sit well with him. He hasn't gotten to this point by not being brutally honest with himself.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Like CNS said and I agree " I like something when it works. When it doesn't work I don't like it anymore"

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Like CNS said and I agree " I like something when it works. When it doesn't work I don't like it anymore"
    So now you don't like Tua as your starter?

BamaNation All-SEC

I've noticed that the line on Vegas Insider has been taken off the board on several places. Wonder why that is? Tua will be good to go I'm sure so one has to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    I've noticed that the line on Vegas Insider has been taken off the board on several places. Wonder why that is? Tua will be good to go I'm sure so one has to wonder why.
    Murray has announced that he is not going to play in the game while he gets ready for spring training.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probius View Post
    I definitely am still feeling it from the 2013 game with OU in New Orleans. I fully expected Bama to win that game and send AJ & CJ out with a win in their final games at the Capstone. That game really stung, and I still don't understand what happened. I'm genuinely concerned about the Orange Bowl, and that game from 2013 probaly has something to do with why.
    I feel the same way. And I think this feeling kind of reminds me of how some of us felt when we faced ND in the late/mid 70s and very early 80s.

In 2002/2003, they were clearly superior and we were racked by probation. Both were understandable losses.

In Jan 2014, we had just lost in Kick 6 and the argument could be made that our guys had checked out mentally and were not interested in the game. Disappointing but nonetheless the ďteam had checked out mentallyĒ argument seemed to be plausible.

At least this time, as I see it, there really are no excuses for us not to win. We have the superior team, HC, a shot at a NC on the line and a Heisman snub together to serve as an unbelievable amount of motivation. For once finally all the pieces are there. If we canít get it done this time, then good lord I donít know that we ever will against OU, since we donít get to play them very often anyway.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; December 9th, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    Never say never. Don't want our guy's going into this game with the attitude that they have already won. I want them going in mad that Tua got robbed and that they have something to prove. RTR
    Read the twitter posts from current and former players concerning the Heisman.
    I donít think their focus will be a problem.
    Seems to me, more than a few teams with a Heisman winner have been beaten (sometimes badly) in their bowl games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Read the twitter posts from current and former players concerning the Heisman.
    I don’t think their focus will be a problem.
    Seems to me, more than a few teams with a Heisman winner have been beaten (sometimes badly) in their bowl games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gino Torreta says hi.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda