Orange Bowl this year

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
I'm a transplanted Bama guy, as a boy lived in Clanton, Alabama, then Oklahoma (later Arizona)

Followed both for many years but mostly a Sooner Fan; I recall the few times we've played when Bob Stoops was coaching what great respect our teams and fans showed for the other team and fan base.

I was surprised but not disappointed to see OU got the final 4 again, but sure have to stop being the college version of the Buffalo Bills in these games (just need a good, or even avg. defense first).

Looking forward to this game, I was somewhat stunned that KM put up better numbers than Baker Mayfield, but as Bama, when you are loaded with talent anything can happen and usually does.

I just hope OU doesn't get blown out and that this is a great game as I really expect it to be, but a key injury here or there and one team could make this get out of hand, that team would be Bama imo; OU can win, but is not expected to by a long shot really; comparing scores never has proven out so won't go there.

Just hope for another classic clean and injury free game and in this case will have to pray the best team doesn't win..........

Being of Tide and Sooner heritage I've been in the bosom of great college football my entire life; it's great and getting better it seems every year.

I don't sense any anxiety on Bama's part........??

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The players are not afraid, but plenty of Alabama fans are worried.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
There's no doubt Oklahoma can score points but to me, have they faced a defense as good as Alabama's this year? I don't think so. As for their defense, they managed to give up 40 points to Kansas. Kansas!

If Alabama doesn't turn the ball over a bunch of times, I don't see how Oklahoma's defense will become really good all of a sudden. Their punter might be the most tired he's been in a game all year.

Sevenmm

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2018
I agree we have not faced a defense as good as Bama's, nor an offense either imo; this will be a highly charged game for the entire nation to watch in prime time; the Orange Bowl has always been special with special teams in it; no different this time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm a transplanted Bama guy, as a boy lived in Clanton, Alabama, then Oklahoma (later Arizona)

Followed both for many years but mostly a Sooner Fan; I recall the few times we've played when Bob Stoops was coaching what great respect our teams and fans showed for the other team and fan base.

I was surprised but not disappointed to see OU got the final 4 again, but sure have to stop being the college version of the Buffalo Bills in these games (just need a good, or even avg. defense first).

Looking forward to this game, I was somewhat stunned that KM put up better numbers than Baker Mayfield, but as Bama, when you are loaded with talent anything can happen and usually does.

I just hope OU doesn't get blown out and that this is a great game as I really expect it to be, but a key injury here or there and one team could make this get out of hand, that team would be Bama imo; OU can win, but is not expected to by a long shot really; comparing scores never has proven out so won't go there.

Just hope for another classic clean and injury free game and in this case will have to pray the best team doesn't win..........

Being of Tide and Sooner heritage I've been in the bosom of great college football my entire life; it's great and getting better it seems every year.

I don't sense any anxiety on Bama's part........??
I think the FANS have some 2013 PTSD, knowing full well we didn't give a good account of ourselves that particular night.

OU outplayed us and no doubt deserved to win, but we helped contribute to our own demise, too.

FWIW - MOST living Alabama fans have never seen us beat OU, either.

You have to be about 65 to recall it, and a lot old enough to recall it don't remember it anyway.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I think the FANS have some 2013 PTSD, knowing full well we didn't give a good account of ourselves that particular night.

OU outplayed us and no doubt deserved to win, but we helped contribute to our own demise, too.

FWIW - MOST living Alabama fans have never seen us beat OU, either.

You have to be about 65 to recall it, and a lot old enough to recall it don't remember it anyway.
I definitely am still feeling it from the 2013 game with OU in New Orleans. I fully expected Bama to win that game and send AJ & CJ out with a win in their final games at the Capstone. That game really stung, and I still don't understand what happened. I'm genuinely concerned about the Orange Bowl, and that game from 2013 probaly has something to do with why.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Getting into a shootout with that offense is concerning. It reminds me of the 2013 Texas A&M game where it was a track meet. Oklahoma's defense is that bad but their offense is lethal. Plus I am concerned about Tua's health. Will he be good enough to match score for score with Murray?

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
If our offense plays like they did against UGA: dropped passes, fumbles (even though we recovered), interceptions, allowing QB to be pressured, etc., then we may not win. However if we play the way we played most of the year, then we should win.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
If our offense plays like they did against UGA: dropped passes, fumbles (even though we recovered), interceptions, allowing QB to be pressured, etc., then we may not win. However if we play the way we played most of the year, then we should win.
Totally agree with you. UA was very sloppy with the ball against Georgia. This will not be the game to have a repeat.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am not too worried about the game. It will be a good one but you will see a Bama ball control offense for the most part and you will may see Jalen start. We will take the air out of the game with Harris, Harris and Josh. Lots of respect for OU but without a D got no chance.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Never say never. Don't want our guy's going into this game with the attitude that they have already won. I want them going in mad that Tua got robbed and that they have something to prove. RTR
I am not too worried about the game. It will be a good one but you will see a Bama ball control offense for the most part and you will may see Jalen start. We will take the air out of the game with Harris, Harris and Josh. Lots of respect for OU but without a D got no chance.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It may be committing a sacrilege but I have to wonder what CNS thoughts may be as to the most effective QB against Oklahoma. The spread offense and throwing the football around the field has not been the Saban orthodoxy and when we begin making poor reads and throwing the ball to the wrong guys it just can't sit well with him. He hasn't gotten to this point by not being brutally honest with himself.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It may be committing a sacrilege but I have to wonder what CNS thoughts may be as to the most effective QB against Oklahoma. The spread offense and throwing the football around the field has not been the Saban orthodoxy and when we begin making poor reads and throwing the ball to the wrong guys it just can't sit well with him. He hasn't gotten to this point by not being brutally honest with himself.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I've noticed that the line on Vegas Insider has been taken off the board on several places. Wonder why that is? Tua will be good to go I'm sure so one has to wonder why.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've noticed that the line on Vegas Insider has been taken off the board on several places. Wonder why that is? Tua will be good to go I'm sure so one has to wonder why.
Murray has announced that he is not going to play in the game while he gets ready for spring training.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I definitely am still feeling it from the 2013 game with OU in New Orleans. I fully expected Bama to win that game and send AJ & CJ out with a win in their final games at the Capstone. That game really stung, and I still don't understand what happened. I'm genuinely concerned about the Orange Bowl, and that game from 2013 probaly has something to do with why.
I feel the same way. And I think this feeling kind of reminds me of how some of us felt when we faced ND in the late/mid 70s and very early 80s.

In 2002/2003, they were clearly superior and we were racked by probation. Both were understandable losses.

In Jan 2014, we had just lost in Kick 6 and the argument could be made that our guys had checked out mentally and were not interested in the game. Disappointing but nonetheless the “team had checked out mentally” argument seemed to be plausible.

At least this time, as I see it, there really are no excuses for us not to win. We have the superior team, HC, a shot at a NC on the line and a Heisman snub together to serve as an unbelievable amount of motivation. For once finally all the pieces are there. If we can’t get it done this time, then good lord I don’t know that we ever will against OU, since we don’t get to play them very often anyway.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Never say never. Don't want our guy's going into this game with the attitude that they have already won. I want them going in mad that Tua got robbed and that they have something to prove. RTR
Read the twitter posts from current and former players concerning the Heisman.
I don’t think their focus will be a problem.
Seems to me, more than a few teams with a Heisman winner have been beaten (sometimes badly) in their bowl games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.