University of Alabama Fan Family
    BamaNation Scout Team

University of Alabama Fan Family

First of all I would like to say congratulations on your victory in the SEC championship against Georgia. Secondly I would like to give you a little background on myself. Alabama football has been in my blood since I was a little boy. I have seen some great victories for the Alabama Football program and I have seen some heartbreaking losses. I went through most of my youth hearing my Dad talk about the traditions of Alabama football, in which such stories intrigued me. I also remember us year after year falling short of championships and asking questions like ďwhen is it going to our turn to win a championship?Ē I remember my dad telling me ď soon.Ē I remember times when I saw that winning was the most important thing,but as I have grown older and have matured, I have learned that people are more important. Over the course of this year I have questioned the integrity of imy beloved University of Alabama. I have considered the adversity that Jalen Hurts, and even the students and staff, must have undergone over the course of this season, concerning the starting position of quarterback. I have stood by and watched this season concerning the starting position of quarterback and seeing how we will be delivered through these adversities. I have prayed for the university of Alabama in hopes of what God might reveal to me as to whether we are serving the best interests of everyone. I have listened to interviews on the television in hopes of conformation,that we indeed are moving in the right direction. I say all of that to say this: Saturday when Jalen was put into the game, I felt like at that moment I was about to see Godís glory revealed. I feel like the Lord has been with us and that he used Jalen this year to reveal his glory. I canít think of a more deserving Victory for Jalen and the University of Alabama than to know that that the Lord is with us and his glory shines through us. If only we allow him, through trust and obedience, that we will see his glory revealed and the love he has for us all. With that said , congratulations to an already outstanding outcome to a trying year May God rule your minds and your hearts. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen
    With best intentions
    The Adair Family
    Roll Tide!!
    Last edited by Terry1955; December 8th, 2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Errors

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Re: University of Alabama Fan Family

Sooo......God didnít want Tua to be the starting Quarterback?
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

For starters Roll Tide and welcome!

But also secondly, huh?

By all accounts, Tua is a wonderful person and Godly man in his own right. Why would God favor Jalen over Tua?

And I donít say this to be argumentative, but could it also be that God doesnít care about football, and the better team just won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

While Jesus was at the Right hand of God, was Coach Bryant at the Left hand, saying let's let Jalen RUN the ball to VICTORY for Jesus and Alabama? You know I did always like to run the ball. It's a Win-Win situation, just like last year and all for the Glory of Almighty God. Tua and his family can deal with a little adversity since the Bible and discipline are so important to his father.

Do you think he may have a lot of INFLUENCE in those Heavenly places?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Welcome and Roll Tide!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    For starters Roll Tide and welcome!

But also secondly, huh?

By all accounts, Tua is a wonderful person and Godly man in his own right. Why would God favor Jalen over Tua?

And I don’t say this to be argumentative, but could it also be that God doesn’t care about football, and the better team just won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well, it could be suggested that the results of the past 5 meetings of the teams suggests a divine preference towards bama
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar

This one is heading to Non-Sports faster than Derrick Henry on that 99 yard TD last night...

Ok, I don’t understand , so Terry is a Georgia fan?
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Ok, I don’t understand , so Terry is a Georgia fan?
    Alabama fan from an Alabama family.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

As a minister/pastor of 43+ years let me say that you really need to rethink your theology. The last time I checked God is not a football fan. Does our Lord allow us to function at our highest level -- I think so and believe so. I am delighted that both Tua and Jalen allow their faith to direct their actions...a wonderful narrative for both of them.

However, to even think that God cares about who wins or loses a game...what I would say about that would probably get me suspended -- and that's without any profane language.

Honestly, please review your presuppositions...God is a fan of all persons...God loves us all and longs to enable each and every one of us to be successful in our lives and our faith.

I am at a loss for words and best be going...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Alabama fan from an Alabama family.
    But he said Congratulations on your victory in the SEC CHAMOIONSHIP.
    to 16 and beyond........