BHAM I-59/20 to be closed for over a year. - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar

Re: BHAM I-59/20 to be closed for over a year.

Thanks, everyone. I don't want to be stressed before we even begin the vacation so we plan on leaving Sunday night sometime. I have no idea why I hadn't thought of rush hour traffic in Atlanta. I guess I thought it being so early in the morning, we would be fine but I live somewhere where traffic is hardly a problem. LOL

We are flying to Mexico, so will that put us at needing to get to the airport earlier? We also already have reservations to park our car at a parking lot that services the international terminal. It's called Fast Park & Relax. I don't know how I feel about leaving my car at a hotel for so long, but there may not be any problems in doing so. The only thing most of them won't drop off at the international terminal. Now we are flying Delta and I know we can checkin at the domestic terminal and make our way, but my mom will be utilizing a wheelchair in the airport because she can't walk that far. I figure it would be easier to just go to the international terminal entrance instead of using yet another shuttle to get from the domestic terminal to the international one.
    Hebrews 11:1

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I don't want to be stressed before we even begin the vacation so we plan on leaving Sunday night sometime. I have no idea why I hadn't thought of rush hour traffic in Atlanta. I guess I thought it being so early in the morning, we would be fine but I live somewhere where traffic is hardly a problem. LOL

We are flying to Mexico, so will that put us at needing to get to the airport earlier? We also already have reservations to park our car at a parking lot that services the international terminal. It's called Fast Park & Relax. I don't know how I feel about leaving my car at a hotel for so long, but there may not be any problems in doing so. The only thing most of them won't drop off at the international terminal. Now we are flying Delta and I know we can checkin at the domestic terminal and make our way, but my mom will be utilizing a wheelchair in the airport because she can't walk that far. I figure it would be easier to just go to the international terminal entrance instead of using yet another shuttle to get from the domestic terminal to the international one.
    You didnít think about rush hour traffic in Atlanta? We are really only known for 5 things here
    1. Traffic
    2. Sports teams choking
    3. Traffic
    4. Delta hub
    5. Traffic
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    You didn’t think about rush hour traffic in Atlanta? We are really only known for 5 things here
    1. Traffic
    2. Sports teams choking
    3. Traffic
    4. Delta hub
    5. Traffic
    LOL. I knew about the traffic, but I didn't think about it being bad that early in the morning and I didn't put together the time we'd be going through there. I haven't ever driven Atlanta rush hour traffic before, thankfully.
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; May 7th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

we have used the fast park and relax a few times for the international terminal and it works very well. it is super close to the terminal. you can check in on the domestic side, but if your mom is in a wheelchair, it is probably not worth it as you have to take the plane train from one end to the other. i have heard that the shuttles from domestic to international are a pain. i find that international check-in and security is usually better/easier than domestic. and the domestic terminal will likely be a zoo on monday morning with all of the business travelers.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

LOL. I knew about the traffic, but I didn't think about it being bad that early in the morning. I haven't ever driven Atlanta rush hour traffic before.
    if you are lucky, you will never have to.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    we have used the fast park and relax a few times for the international terminal and it works very well. it is super close to the terminal. you can check in on the domestic side, but if your mom is in a wheelchair, it is probably not worth it as you have to take the plane train from one end to the other. i have heard that the shuttles from domestic to international are a pain. i find that international check-in and security is usually better/easier than domestic. and the domestic terminal will likely be a zoo on monday morning with all of the business travelers.
    Is it true we need to be at the airport 3 hours early for international flight? I was thinking two, but I don't know how slow or fast these things go in the Atlanta airport.

I think international requires being there 2 hours early. Be sure and check on that. I'm flying out of ATL on Thursday with an 11am flight, but am really not doing anything special. I'll leave here at 6am, but it'll be maybe 8:45 local when I get there because of the timezone. It's about a 1:45 drive time for me.

Is it true we need to be at the airport 3 hours early for international flight? I was thinking two, but I don't know how slow or fast these things go in the Atlanta airport.
    i have never even cut it close with a two hour early arrival. i usually give myself 1.5-2 hours for int'l and 1 for domestic. i have clearsip and tsa precheck so i get thru security fast for domestic.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

Delta/Aeromexico said at least 3 hours, but I've always heard 2 hours. So idk which would be best to do.

Was told this weekend there's a lawsuit on the way because of the construction. Apparently, the bridge engineering firm didn't do their job, and the bridges aren't properly aligned.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Was told this weekend there's a lawsuit on the way because of the construction. Apparently, the bridge engineering firm didn't do their job, and the bridges aren't properly aligned.
    Wow.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That's incredible if true. Going to be some heads on the chopping block.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    That's incredible if true. Going to be some heads on the chopping block.
    Yes, but kinda expected given how things go around Birmingham/Jefferson County. Granted this isnít the local governmentís fault. I was waiting for something major to drop in regards to this project. In the words of Jerry Gergich from Parks and Rec, ďWell it ainít government work unless you do it twice.Ē

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk