ESPN Captial One Bowl Mania pick 'em

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The upcoming season will be a hoot for me. I do stats and have started adjusting every FBS team each week and this year I am going to use pickems to test it out. I will have two pickems in ESPN, 1 & 2, and use Yahoo for another, Tigerdroppings for a fourth and a couple more. So I can use different algorithms for each one of those and find which is better. Of course I will pick TideFans the way I always do and use the others for experimenting.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I didn’t get my entry in , in time to pick the NC A&T game. That was the team I would of picked because of the special I saw on their players, but oh well. I flip flopped about 6 times in Louisiana and Tulane. Ultimately picking the loser because the majority of people picked them , I did get the Utah St game right, and I have Fresno st against ASU. So off to a rocky start , but gonna see how it plays out

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This is what I hate - winning my low picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tidenative

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2016
Everyone should keep going back adjusting confidence points and even your win and loss choices. They update each matchup once available, which may or may not help some change their original guesses. I’m 5 out of 6 to start. Probably will not end well though, but who knows, there’s a long way to go. Good luck and ROLL TIDE!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Everyone should keep going back adjusting confidence points and even your win and loss choices. They update each matchup once available, which may or may not help some change their original guesses. I’m 5 out of 6 to start. Probably will not end well though, but who knows, there’s a long way to go. Good luck and ROLL TIDE!
I am my own worst enemy when I go back an re-rank. That works for some people but not me. My most infamous re-rank is the Clemson-West Virginia Orange Bowl payed on Jan 4 2012. I had Clemson for five confidence points but moved them up to thirty-three confidence points. Clemson promptly went out and lost 33-70. I have done that a few times but now I just leave well enough alone.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Won all six - and now kicking myself that I didn’t have all of them with the six highest con points.
Oh, well....

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I am my own worst enemy when I go back an re-rank. That works for some people but not me. My most infamous re-rank is the Clemson-West Virginia Orange Bowl payed on Jan 4 2012. I had Clemson for five confidence points but moved them up to thirty-three confidence points. Clemson promptly went out and lost 33-70. I have done that a few times but now I just leave well enough alone.
I move here and there, but usually based on new info/insights, not how bad I’m doing or how good anyone else is doing.
You can’t win if your picks don’t win.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I picked 5of 6 as well, but the first game didn’t count, I got it in too late. Still not a terrible showing, kick myself for not picking Tulane.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I picked 5of 6 as well, but the first game didn’t count, I got it in too late. Still not a terrible showing, kick myself for not picking Tulane.
I missed on the HBCU championship and the Tulane Lousiana game. I had no confidence in the pick so I only lost 1 and 3 points. If I get the rest of them right, I should win the group and the new Ferrari that Redwood Forrest is providing for the winner.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I missed on the HBCU championship and the Tulane Lousiana game. I had no confidence in the pick so I only lost 1 and 3 points. If I get the rest of them right, I should win the group and the new Ferrari that Redwood Forrest is providing for the winner.
I haven’t lost yet, so don’t grab those keys too soon...[emoji16]

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Sorry fellers, I lost that Ferrari in the office football pool. Maybe next year.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I was on a bit of a roll pre-Memphis choking like they did.....I had only lost one, and it was a 1-pointer......but Memphis brought me down to reality.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If I’d known Charlie Strong was suspending all those players before the game, I would have changed that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I have friends that actually bet on this stuff. :biggrin:
Precisely why I seldom do - there’s no way for me to be so “connected” to know about things like this before they happen.
It’s bad enough when a fumble travels 15 yards straight down the field, one foot inside the boundary. But these moves by coaches in secret are a gambler’s nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.