ESPN Captial One Bowl Mania pick 'em

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Let's get 'em picked for the first game which is 12-15 I think. There is no pass word because this is a public pick 'em. The Group name is TideFans2017 (I didn't create a new group this year) and must be typed as it appears here.

As with the regular season you move them around ranking them by confidence points. As an example, I have Alabama beating Oklahoma for 41pts, the max because I have more confidence in Bama than the other 40 teams. I have Wake Forrest ranked for 1pt because that game surely is a toss up if there ever was one.

If this is your first time go here: http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2018/en/ and pick Group and then join a group. :biga:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Let's get 'em picked for the first game which is 12-15 I think. There is no pass word because this is a public pick 'em. The Group name is TideFans2017 (I didn't create a new group this year) and must be typed as it appears here.

As with the regular season you move them around ranking them by confidence points. As an example, I have Alabama beating Oklahoma for 41pts, the max because I have more confidence in Bama than the other 40 teams. I have Wake Forrest ranked for 1pt because that game surely is a toss up if there ever was one.

If this is your first time go here: http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2018/en/ and pick Group and then join a group. :biga:
I’m waiting to see how many players skip their bowl games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The only thing that I am worse at that Bowl Mania is March Madness.
I have actually won a few March Madness pools. Now granted it was because everyone was just worse than me (and I was pretty bad) and I just happen to get lucky and pick the champion. The bowl games though, I will be out of it after 3 games.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I have actually won a few March Madness pools. Now granted it was because everyone was just worse than me (and I was pretty bad) and I just happen to get lucky and pick the champion. The bowl games though, I will be out of it after 3 games.
They really are so darn hard to predict (bowl games). I think it is partly that each team is normally pretty good already - but then there is the unquantifiable effect of who wants to be there and who wants it more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They really are so darn hard to predict (bowl games). I think it is partly that each team is normally pretty good already - but then there is the unquantifiable effect of who wants to be there and who wants it more.
That's why I stopped picking bowl games a long time ago. The teams that take the field during the regular season rarely show up in most of today's bowls. With coaching changes, players sitting out, motivational question marks, and the desire to prepare for the next season, these are very different teams.

I still enjoy the games, but picking winners here is like picking winners in week 1 of the season - we know too little.

(in other words, I suck at it :wink:)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
That's why I stopped picking bowl games a long time ago. The teams that take the field during the regular season rarely show up in most of today's bowls. With coaching changes, players sitting out, motivational question marks, and the desire to prepare for the next season, these are very different teams.

I still enjoy the games, but picking winners here is like picking winners in week 1 of the season - we know too little.

Just like it rains on both teams these problems are for all pickers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just like it rains on both teams these problems are for all pickers.
Oh, I don't disagree. I just have done miserably at it so many times. Maybe I'll give it a shot without putting any effort into it. Maybe that will help.

Okay - done. Went with my gut on every pick, and moved around some of the confidence ranking, but left most to chance.

Roll Tide, everyone, and good luck!

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I’ve had a little luck picking in the past from just knowing each team’s “storyline.” By following CFB closely I knew their mindset and motivation. But again, it only produced slight success.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I actually do OK when it comes to Saturdays during the regular season...but with the UCFs of the world and the "who really wants to be here" attitudes, I STINK at picking bowl games...
I’ve had a little luck picking in the past from just knowing each team’s “storyline.” By following CFB closely I knew their mindset and motivation. But again, it only produced slight success.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Oh, I don't disagree. I just have done miserably at it so many times. Maybe I'll give it a shot without putting any effort into it. Maybe that will help.

Okay - done. Went with my gut on every pick, and moved around some of the confidence ranking, but left most to chance.

Roll Tide, everyone, and good luck!
A friend of mine’s wife used to fill out a March madness bracket based on which team she thought had the better uniforms. Meanwhile he filled his bracket out based on stats, season performance, etc. Her bracket was more accurate than his every time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I actually do OK when it comes to Saturdays during the regular season...but with the UCFs of the world and the "who really wants to be here" attitudes, I STINK at picking bowl games...
I am not very good early in the season, but by about the mid-point I have a feel for the teams and do a bit better. Some teams, like Alabama, come out of the gates in mid-season form. Most teams take a few weeks to find themselves. And the teams in the bowls often don't look anything like the teams that played all season long.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
If I could finally learned how to post pictures here, such as screenshots, I’d keep us updated with the leaderboard as the days go on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.