Link: UCF AD Danny White Not Happy With Scott Stricklin’s Scheduling Idea

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Unfortunately, the UCFs of the cfb world gotta take 2-for-1 offers. They should be thankful they're good enough to command a return visit because people in their own conference probably aren't that lucky.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Safe to say that they really didn’t want the smoke else they would be eager to either join a big league and play anyone anywhere.

Speaking of big league. Why is this cat continuing to call the American a power conference, call things the Power 6?

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]
EXACTLY. I saw the power6 thing on a commercial a few weeks ago. It was the week UCF was on game day. There is no power 6. Hell, in a few years o think the power 5 will be a power 4 with 1 conference just pretending to be in the group.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This White fellow sure knows how to get attention. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. They can't keep up the pace they are winning at and will go back to irrelevancy soon. LSWho better represent.
This shouldn't surprise anyone. This is the typical situation in America today. Yell, whine, and complain the loudest so people think you actually have a legitimate complaint. Hey, UCF and America, work hard and earn your spot; otherwise, accept the fact that nothing should be given to you. I shouldn't compare UCF to some of the ridiculous situations in America today because they are at least putting in some hard work. They just need to put in the work against the big boys before receiving big boy awards.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If they want to rise from obscurity, they should look at how Penn State did it. Be willing to play anyone, anywhere. Even if you lose, you win, because you expand your recruiting footprint.
That's how Daddy Bowden did it at FSU.
His motto was they would play anyone anywhere at anytime.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I think LSU will show up to play. I think LSU will win.
Then we get to hear "but we didn't have our best player" to which I would reply that maybe they should have developed their back up a little more.
I definitely agree that will happen. When they start it up remind them that LSWho doesn't have their best DB. I sure hope LSWho shows up to play. They should be motivated.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trying to pick between siding with Bianchi or UCF is about like trying to decide which terminal illness to hope I get.

Someone on Twitter had the best answer I've seen to this whole thing: when is UCF gonna schedule a home/home with S Carolina State?

(And that's exactly the point).

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
"We can beat the SEC!"

Uh, you're 3-17 against the SEC all-time.

They brag a LOT about that one win but get amnesia about all 17 of those losses.
I was having a pretty good evening until you brought that up. I was there that homecoming afternoon.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Lol, power 6, what a joke. Memphis is the only other decent team in that league and we schedule them for practice.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Did you guys hear GMac going off on UCF along with Sallee this morning on The First Team?

Basically, they both agree that UCF just wants to whine about the system but don't really want to play the big boys regularly, hence why their AD is stupidly complaining about being offered a 2-for-1 with Florida.

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It is financially irresponsible for a school like Florida to schedule a straight home and home with the likes of UCF. Their first game this season, for their championship celebration? Yeah, that one. They resorted to $19 Groupons to try to put butts in the seats.

An AD that signed up home and home with them when he or she could be selling out their own home stadium should get fired. And UCF's entire athletic department understands that. Which means they are hypocrites, in addition to everything else.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Let’s see. You want to play a real team. But won’t accept their terms.

If you were truly wanting to play a big program, you would make it happen. No matter the location.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.