Tim Brando goes off on CFP committe

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
News flash for Brando - even with 8 teams, LSU isn't getting in. :biggrin2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He basically says that Alabama and Clemson are going to play yet again, and the ratings are going to stink.
Even admits they're the best teams.
He then says it's all about "access."

Says they're resistant to change because of "exclusivity" and money.

Insists he's unbiased and tries to deliver "the game."

Complains the people in governance have a charge to move it forward, to make it better. Complains about the Power 5 taking care of themselves but not growing the game.

Notes the Big Ten is "out" yet again and has the most homes.Thinks the ratings should match AFC/NFC title games, har har.

He IS right about the after-the-fact justification by the committee. "Whatever is convenient at a given time." True.

Says it is "borderline corrupt" and then thinks UCF should be in it. And it wasn't right that UGA fell after almost beating Alabama.
Says Alabama would have made it even without beating UGA.

They talk about UCF.

Thinks UGA is "one of the four best teams." Says they only picked OU because of politics. Basically, they excluded UGA because of Notre Dame (says Tim B). Says he doesn't understand why Kirby Smart got stupid on 4th and 11. Says Saban assistants repeatedly do this - and he cannot understand why. Smart was basically admitting they couldn't win it straight up. "Alabama did what they always do."

"Most of the Twitter storm comes from the Alabama fan base. They are the most vile fan base out there (on Twitter). They always miss the point."

Brando now dismisses the Fiesta Bowl - and starts making the case that LSU has "built-in excuses" if they lose, it is a glorified exhibition. You see, UCF should play Clemson in a 2 versus 7. The NY6 are awful bowl games other than UGA/Texas and maybe Ohio State/Washington with Meyer leaving. Advocates UGA playing Michigan rather than Florida. Says the playoff has RUINED the bowl games (but advocates an eight-team playoff which further reduces it. Logic is not his strong suit).

Now talking about Les Miles hired at KU. How is Miles gonna do? Brando loves the hire, recommended Miles, instant credibility, enhances their base. KU is a Group of 5 job in a P5 league. Now have hired one of only four active coaches who have won national titles (he forgets Dabo in his list). Les can put together a staff and recruit Texas. Says they hung with OU for 3 quarters.

Bores me. Now talking about Kelly Bryant at Mizzou.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think I’d rather have diarrhea than listen to him. I truly think he’s one of the 10 worst people on the planet.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Mr “fly in the ointment” has been arguing for years that underlings like UCF and Boise St should be in the conversation. It’s part of his schtick.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't listen to Danny Kannell.

I don't listen to Colin Cowherd.

I don't listen to that Klatt blowhard.

I don't listen to Skip Bayless.

I don't listen to Paul Finebaum.

All because they've proven themselves time and again to be groupthink front runners, trying to be the first one to call the demise of Nick Saban and the Alabama football program. They do that because they think the general public has the memory of gnat, so if they're wrong nobody will remember, and if they're right they'll trumpet it from Mt. Everest until the audience is deaf.

So why would I spend my time finding out what Tim Brando says or thinks about anything?

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
He basically says that Alabama and Clemson are going to play yet again, and the ratings are going to stink.
Even admits they're the best teams.
He then says it's all about "access."

Says they're resistant to change because of "exclusivity" and money.

Insists he's unbiased and tries to deliver "the game."

Complains the people in governance have a charge to move it forward, to make it better. Complains about the Power 5 taking care of themselves but not growing the game.

Notes the Big Ten is "out" yet again and has the most homes.Thinks the ratings should match AFC/NFC title games, har har.

He IS right about the after-the-fact justification by the committee. "Whatever is convenient at a given time." True.

Says it is "borderline corrupt" and then thinks UCF should be in it. And it wasn't right that UGA fell after almost beating Alabama.
Says Alabama would have made it even without beating UGA.

They talk about UCF.

Thinks UGA is "one of the four best teams." Says they only picked OU because of politics. Basically, they excluded UGA because of Notre Dame (says Tim B). Says he doesn't understand why Kirby Smart got stupid on 4th and 11. Says Saban assistants repeatedly do this - and he cannot understand why. Smart was basically admitting they couldn't win it straight up. "Alabama did what they always do."

"Most of the Twitter storm comes from the Alabama fan base. They are the most vile fan base out there (on Twitter). They always miss the point."

Brando now dismisses the Fiesta Bowl - and starts making the case that LSU has "built-in excuses" if they lose, it is a glorified exhibition. You see, UCF should play Clemson in a 2 versus 7. The NY6 are awful bowl games other than UGA/Texas and maybe Ohio State/Washington with Meyer leaving. Advocates UGA playing Michigan rather than Florida. Says the playoff has RUINED the bowl games (but advocates an eight-team playoff which further reduces it. Logic is not his strong suit).

Now talking about Les Miles hired at KU. How is Miles gonna do? Brando loves the hire, recommended Miles, instant credibility, enhances their base. KU is a Group of 5 job in a P5 league. Now have hired one of only four active coaches who have won national titles (he forgets Dabo in his list). Les can put together a staff and recruit Texas. Says they hung with OU for 3 quarters.

Bores me. Now talking about Kelly Bryant at Mizzou.
I'm not going to subject myself to this non-sense, but from the way you have summed it up, it sounds like Brando cares nothing for competition and finding out who the best team is. Apparently, he only wants a good game for the NC, but not necessarily a competitive game, just two teams he wants to see. I wonder if Brando thinks the championship teams should be decided by who he personally wants to see play. This guy sounds like a real idiot.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Mr “fly in the ointment” has been arguing for years that underlings like UCF and Boise St should be in the conversation. It’s part of his schtick.
I think it would be funny, and great karma, if the first time one of the flies in the ointment gets in, it knocks out LSU.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
CFB playoffs is not going to expand anytime soon. The fact that it is being talked about still is proof they will not change it . The other thing, I really, really wished Georgia was included. It is apparent that Bama played a really bad game. Tua was hurt and couldn’t move around to escape blitzes like Hurts. If there was a rematch, I’m really confident Bama beats the brakes off Georgia. FROMM will never play that good, Bama will not play that bad again!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ve met Tim Fatso twice and wanted to slap him both times and once more in case I ever see him again. He is the most obnoxious donkey I’ve ever met

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.