The Mental Gymnastics of Pro-Trump Evangelicals - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Re: The Mental Gymnastics of Pro-Trump Evangelicals

In my opinion the evangelical movement has been taken over by people who don't seem to honor the tenants of the religion they claim to follow. The wholesale whitewashing of anything Trump does is a prime example.

Today, I saw a story about Rev. Falwell Jr. and how he and his wife had befriended a 21 year old male they met when he was working as a pool boy. The details are about what we've gotten used to out of this bunch.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    He’s not a Christian; just another charlatan.
    Then again, regardless of what they say, no Trumper is a true Christian. Trump, by word and deed, does nothing Christ taught his followers to do; not one single solitary thing.
    Everything he does say and do, however, is the exact opposite of what Christ taught his followers to do; so proclaiming to be a Christian AND a Trump supporter is simply a contradiction in terms. One cannot be both at the same time, no matter what one might want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Only the Lord knows who is saved and who is not. You might want to rethink passing judgement on that

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    In my opinion the evangelical movement has been taken over by people who don't seem to honor the tenants of the religion they claim to follow. The wholesale whitewashing of anything Trump does is a prime example.

Today, I saw a story about Rev. Falwell Jr. and how he and his wife had befriended a 21 year old male they met when he was working as a pool boy. The details are about what we've gotten used to out of this bunch.
    Chukker, I dare say it now, because I was made unpopular in these parts (during my last tenure on Non-Sports) for continuing to mock what we called "Republican Jesus" theology.

I think I can bring it up here without facing Eternal Bannination agaub because. I......what? ZZZZZZTTTTTTTT!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    Only the Lord knows who is saved and who is not. You might want to rethink passing judgement on that
    Thank you for demonstrating the thread title live for us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Thank you for demonstrating the thread title live for us.
    If you are a Christian, then bama_wayne1 is correct, no mental gymnastics required. So there Matt!! .

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    If you are a Christian, then bama_wayne1 is correct, no mental gymnastics required. So there Matt!! .
    Not a Christian, but The Lord, everyone and everything on the planet, and everyone in the universe knows that someone like Trump isn't saved. No mysterious ways required.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Not a Christian, but The Lord, everyone and everything on the planet, and everyone in the universe knows that someone like Trump isn't saved. No mysterious ways required.
    Can he be saved in the future or is it too late? Why are you even worrying about whether or not people are saved? I await the uncivil snark.

BamaNation All-American

I've thought for awhile now that he is our King Saul... not really what we needed, but what we kept asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post

this crap started back in the 70's. trump is just an inevitable outcome.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

It seems counterproductive for someone who wants to keep religion out of politics to bring politics into religion.

As for christian who support Trump on supposed theological grounds, it does take mental gymnastics. Just admit it doesn't matter and be done with it. No need to wrestle an angel over it.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Can he be saved in the future or is it too late? Why are you even worrying about whether or not people are saved? I await the uncivil snark.
    I don't recall ever responding to you with uncivil snark. Not sure where that came from. I've used plenty of civil, jokey snark with you because I like you.

I'm not worried about whether or not people are saved. I didn't bring up him being saved first, I just pointed out that there is around zero percent chance of him being saved. No matter how someone imagines the lord decides it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Yeah, I don’t understand “Christians” who never bothered to learn what “catholic” means.
    But by all means, keep defending the ignorant if it makes you feel better.

Many (if not all) evangelicals) believe in “The Rapture”.
    I’m waiting for one of them to show me where this is even hinted at anywhere in the Bible; it’s just another fantasy created by modern - day Americans to bastardize a religion to suit their own material needs.
    This is the very definition of "irony."
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    This is the very definition of "irony."
    Not sure if I follow. (Not arguing, mind you).