Game Thread: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 66
  1. #53
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Nice win! They played with more effort which made all the difference. Some of the same problems still exist but effort goes a long way to cover up some of the problems. I noticed that Norris and Giddens didn't play. This makes at least 3 games in a row that Giddens hasn't even taken off his warmup shirt, any idea if he is injured or is he in the doghouse again?

  2. #54
    BamaNation First Team RammaJamma10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Harvest, AL
    Posts
    436

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Was at the game yesterday and had a blast. Really nice to see us bounce back when going down in the 2nd half against a good team. You could sense a little tension in the crowd once Arizona made their early run to take the lead, but we were able to find some baskets when we really needed them. A few takeaways from me:

    Free throw shooting is still concerning and almost cost us
    Reese was great- need him to play at that high a level consistently
    Herbert Jones is in a funk in the worst way. He looks lost out there at times and his shooting is atrocious. Get the hair back and maybe the swag and confidence will return? Feels like Samson in a way.
    CAJ found a nice mix of lineups on the floor that gave us a spark
    Petty, while struggling with his shot is still a factor with his rebounding and playing much better defense. Really good to see him excited for the team and others when he isn't having his best day.
    Dazon is still a head scratcher. My brother and I were talking on the way home while listening to post game and honestly hadn't realized he didn't come back in the 2nd half

    RTR- can't wait for the game in HSV next Tuesday. Great to get the win prior to the long break.

  3. #55
    BamaNation First Team RammaJamma10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Harvest, AL
    Posts
    436

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    Nice win! They played with more effort which made all the difference. Some of the same problems still exist but effort goes a long way to cover up some of the problems. I noticed that Norris and Giddens didn't play. This makes at least 3 games in a row that Giddens hasn't even taken off his warmup shirt, any idea if he is injured or is he in the doghouse again?
    Not sure on Giddens. I don't think he's injured based on watching warm-ups but that doesn't mean much. I did find it interesting that while the post players were working on inside drills (post moves, free throw line jumpers) he was out on the wing firing up 3's with the guards. I had high hopes for him but he just doesn't seem to fit with the plans for whatever reason.

  4. #56
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,621

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Only saw the second half. I'm baffled at the rotations and just don't understand how Jones has regressed so much.

    I'm actually shocked we won the game based on the way we played the last 10 minutes or so.

    What I'm seeing is Kira Lewis Jr. is the best player and it's not even close. He's the most consistent shooter we've got for sure. If he has a bad night, we probably get beat by 20 against just about anybody.

    Also, compliments for our scrappiness. At leats we played pretty hard, but we are never going to be an above average team until we figure out who (if we've got anybody) can score and let them get more minutes.

  5. #57
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,660

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Isn’t this par for the course so far in Johnson’s tenure?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much ... to be fair though, CAJ can't control shooting results, intensity, ect. He is responsible for calling plays to help produce results to help get the team out of shooting slumps though.

    Good win for the good guys tho. Hope they can get in a good rhythm as a team and keep it up. I just want them to play to their potential game in and game out

  6. #58
    BamaNation All-SEC TideWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    newton county, ms
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    "Petty, while struggling with his shot is still a factor with his rebounding and playing much better defense" Agree with this. I thought he played harder in this game than all season, and was a factor all over the court despite his shot not falling.

  7. #59
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    17,361

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Pretty much ... to be fair though, CAJ can't control shooting results, intensity, ect. He is responsible for calling plays to help produce results to help get the team out of shooting slumps though.

    Good win for the good guys tho. Hope they can get in a good rhythm as a team and keep it up. I just want them to play to their potential game in and game out
    If not him, who? If he can't motivate a bunch of teenagers.....then who can? Coach Saban/Coach Cochran can motivate 85 -- Avery can't reach 13?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  8. #60
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milan, TN
    Posts
    5,982

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Nice feed to Hall.

  9. #61
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milan, TN
    Posts
    5,982

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Nice win. I just realized I was watching a replay. The Lewis kid is very impressive.

  10. #62
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by RammaJamma10 View Post
    Was at the game yesterday and had a blast. Really nice to see us bounce back when going down in the 2nd half against a good team. You could sense a little tension in the crowd once Arizona made their early run to take the lead, but we were able to find some baskets when we really needed them. A few takeaways from me:

    Free throw shooting is still concerning and almost cost us
    Reese was great- need him to play at that high a level consistently
    Herbert Jones is in a funk in the worst way. He looks lost out there at times and his shooting is atrocious. Get the hair back and maybe the swag and confidence will return? Feels like Samson in a way.
    CAJ found a nice mix of lineups on the floor that gave us a spark
    Petty, while struggling with his shot is still a factor with his rebounding and playing much better defense. Really good to see him excited for the team and others when he isn't having his best day.
    Dazon is still a head scratcher. My brother and I were talking on the way home while listening to post game and honestly hadn't realized he didn't come back in the 2nd half

    RTR- can't wait for the game in HSV next Tuesday. Great to get the win prior to the long break.
    I'll be at the Liberty game as well. I hope the motivated, fun-to-watch Bama shows up. Last years Rocket City Classic was pretty hard to watch and we nearly lost the game.

  11. #63
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,738

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I'll be at the Liberty game as well. I hope the motivated, fun-to-watch Bama shows up. Last years Rocket City Classic was pretty hard to watch and we nearly lost the game.
    My fiancé and I will be at the game as well. If you guys wanted to meet for a second, inbox me.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  12. #64
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,789

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    My fiancé and I will be at the game as well. If you guys wanted to meet for a second, inbox me.
    PM sent.

  13. #65
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaMike05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Madison, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,601

    Re: Arizona @ Alabama (noon tip)

    Any Huntsville people going to “Hey Coach” at Baumhowers tonight? I will be there. We should have a tidefans table or something lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear