Oh boy! Now it's the Sooners and academics...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On yet another Sooner board, it's speculation that our players are dumber, don't go to class, football factory, paid, etc., etc. Do any of these goons ever do any research? Or just go off blind prejudice. We emphasize academics more than any schools outside the Stanfords. It's Saban's main recruiting tool. If they ever read anywhere, they need to read this:

LINK

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
On yet another Sooner board, it's speculation that our players are dumber, don't go to class, football factory, paid, etc., etc. Do any of these goons ever do any research? Or just go off blind prejudice. We emphasize academics more than any schools outside the Stanfords. It's Saban's main recruiting tool. If they ever read anywhere, they need to read this:

LINK
Several board are like that and a couple claim that Bama gives away more cars than Oprah. Par for the course, I guess.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

LINK
Posted this on another thread, but this is what I think of when Sooners fans argue that point.

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
The wise Takeoff once said:

”They jealous and they envy me, cause I’m really who they wanna be”

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Isn't the only reason Texas is not in the Pac-12 right now is because there is no way those West Coast academic institutions would be associated with OU? They're a state flagship in a crappy state for education just like us...so don't go casting stones.

Rodger Dodger

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2018
Isn't the only reason Texas is not in the Pac-12 right now is because there is no way those West Coast academic institutions would be associated with OU? They're a state flagship in a crappy state for education just like us...so don't go casting stones.
Texas and OU would've been included in the Pac-12, but Oklahoma would have had to bring along Oklahoma State. That kind of ruined the entire plan.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It really doesn’t matter if the graduation rate is higher at Alabama, they will claim the degrees are in underwater basket weaving and not real degrees. It’s a no win. Ignorance is ignorance. They just parrot what they hear on other sites. They aren’t even original.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Funny - I grew up in Odessa Texas. The only blatant cheating that I was aware of in recruiting back then (mid 70’s) was when the oldest of the Shepards (Darrell) was being recruited by Oklahoma. The week after an official visit to Norman he was driving around town in a brand new TransAm with Darrell written across the spoiler. We all knew where it came from...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Funny - I grew up in Odessa Texas. The only blatant cheating that I was aware of in recruiting back then (mid 70’s) was when the oldest of the Shepards (Darrell) was being recruited by Oklahoma. The week after an official visit to Norman he was driving around town in a brand new TransAm with Darrell written across the spoiler. We all knew where it came from...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right some dumbo in that thread did mention autos. Autos! Of all the schools to bring that up. I guess they're just too ignorant to be embarrassed...

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I saw that post and was in (what the heck) mode. There are uninformed, less than intelligent fans on every board. No OU fan is so stupid to believe such nonsense. We have been on the receiving end too many times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It would be fantastic if we could have those contests back where schools would compete for who is smarter - and use only members of the football team. Talk about entertainment....:p

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.