Poll: Alabama vs. Oklahoma: Pick the Winner!

Alabama vs. Oklahoma

• Alabama

Votes: 63 100.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I am afraid you are onto something with your prediction. It seems to me to be one of those games where everything points to Bama dominating but once we are into the second quarter we come to realize that it is going to be an all out war to the finish!
I hope I am wrong that OU will score 40+. I just think it may be a perfect storm of things:

1. Tua wants to get into a shootout and out gun Kyler.
2. As much as Saban would like to run the ball, he has a small part that wants to see Tua light it up. Leads to quick score but, a tired D.
3. Savion Smith is gonna get lit up. I really do like the kid but, he needs another year of coaching by Saban. HE has the talent if he would just trust himself.
4. Locksley wants to be able to show recruits, this is the offense we are bringing to MD.
5. Enos wants Tua to light it up and get the OC job.

Whether we play Clemson or ND, on 1/7 you will see a BAMA victory that is not close. 41-10 type game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Clemson is a Sooner nemesis now. I can't say I have a lot of pent up hate for the Tigers, nothing like the way OU fans feel towards Notre Dame, USC, sa*et (I never spell the word when referring to the school in Austin) and the newest member of the club, Oregon. I am just tired of Oklahoma losing to them (OU won 2 regular season games versus Clemson in Norman but, have lost 3 in a row since 88, all of them bowl games).

That 2015 game OU led at the half 17-16 and if not for a ticky tacky personal foul on an OU OL that stalled a drive and a Clemson fake punt that extended one of theirs the lead might have been 21-6.

I am not predicting a win by OU. I will be surprised if Alabama holds the Sooners to 17 points though.
In a way, y’all are to us what Southern Cal is to y’all—two blue blood programs that don’t meet that often but one we/you haven’t beaten in over half a century. ;)

The outcome of this game will not be determined by stats, or for that matter past performance(though it is a good indicator). Stats be damned as far as I’m concerned. If that were the case then we win the 2014 Sugar Bowl. Stats just show tendencies. It will be determined by preparation and execution on the field by the players. Also one thing that watching college football for over 45 yrs has taught me is that in games like this unexpected things usually happen—injuries, a critical penalty, a failure in officiating/human error, a horrible(low percentage) play call, a turnover—and many times influence the outcome.

I have much respect for this OU team and coaches, but I really think for the first time since the 1963 Orange Bowl we have the critical advantage in most areas for our matchup. That being said, if our guys don’t execute and make mistakes, like the last sugar bowl matchup, then the door definitely opens for the Sooners to prevail. Based on the assumption that does not happen, I’m conservatively predicting that Bama breaks the Sooner win streak in the series....

Bama 52
OU 48

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.