Poll: Alabama vs. Oklahoma: Pick the Winner!

Alabama vs. Oklahoma

• Alabama

Votes: 63 100.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
I think Bama wins by 14 but there are some reasons not to be over confident. Tua may start the game and make some throws but I'm worried he won't have great mobility and OU will use the UGA defensive game plan against him. I think Bama will be able to run the ball down their throats but they may stack the box and run blitz and force Tua to hit his receivers under pressure. Will watch with interest.

Jacie

Dec 7, 2018
My first post here and as a visiting Sooner, I won't bother voting, you know who I would pick.

All I have are some random things for you.

About the matchup, Sooner fans luv OUr offense and dread seeing the Oklahoma D take the field.

I have not watched in entirety any Alabama game this season, just enough to conclude that the defense looks to play on an NFL level and the Tide offense will have a field day (just throw the ball towards whoever Motley is covering, it will result in a completion or pass interference 9 out of 10 times).

In big games, OUr coach has a tendency to do something kind of squirrely (once a game, no more than that so far) and it might lead to points for the opponent. It was a squib kick just before halftime against Georgia and a halfback pass off a reverse that didn't work in the Big XII CG, which left Sooner fans screaming, just stick with what's been working!

As a fan of college football, I would bet on a Saban-coached team against anyone when he has three weeks to prepare. We were hoping to play Alabama in the second game.

I bet you haven't seen a QB as quick as Kyler Murray. Don't expect to get a big hit on him if he runs the ball, he is not going to challenge anyone and will slide or get out of bounds rather than fight for another yard or two. He doesn't usually take sacks and the O-line doesn't usually blow an assignment. I have never seen him blindsided, he keeps his head on a swivel and has the patience to throw the ball away if he has to.

Oklahoma has a competent kicker and will take a field goal rather than run a 4th down play.

I expect Tide fans are itching to take Oklahoma down since the Sooners have a 3-game win streak versus Alabama.

After having my heart ripped out in the Rose Bowl by Georgia last year, I am not as emotionally invested this time around. I am just hoping for a good game, defined as one where my team is competitive to the end.

Go Sooners!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We win 48 to 28.
Our line may have an opportunity to bat down a record number of passes.
If we blow up the middle of the field, their game plan goes in the toilet.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Its Oklahoma. That program takes a backseat to nobody. With that said, we are more talented across the board. QB is probably wash assuming Tua plays. OL is probably a wash too because Oklahoma always seems to have good OL's. But we are more talented at WR and RB and 100x more talented on defense. I see us winning something like 55-45 or so. Oklahoma WILL score on us and probably more then we are accustomed to seeing against our defense, but we'll get more stops against their O then they'll get against ours and that will be the difference.

Plus I see Kyler Murray making a few "Business Decisions" in this game. Hes done with Football win or lose after this season. Hes all in for Baseball.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I think it will be similar to the beat down of the Okies by Clemson 2 years ago. I believe the score was 37-17.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My first post here and as a visiting Sooner, I won't bother voting, you know who I would pick.

All I have are some random things for you.

About the matchup, Sooner fans luv OUr offense and dread seeing the Oklahoma D take the field.

I have not watched in entirety any Alabama game this season, just enough to conclude that the defense looks to play on an NFL level and the Tide offense will have a field day (just throw the ball towards whoever Motley is covering, it will result in a completion or pass interference 9 out of 10 times).

In big games, OUr coach has a tendency to do something kind of squirrely (once a game, no more than that so far) and it might lead to points for the opponent. It was a squib kick just before halftime against Georgia and a halfback pass off a reverse that didn't work in the Big XII CG, which left Sooner fans screaming, just stick with what's been working!

As a fan of college football, I would bet on a Saban-coached team against anyone when he has three weeks to prepare. We were hoping to play Alabama in the second game.

I bet you haven't seen a QB as quick as Kyler Murray. Don't expect to get a big hit on him if he runs the ball, he is not going to challenge anyone and will slide or get out of bounds rather than fight for another yard or two. He doesn't usually take sacks and the O-line doesn't usually blow an assignment. I have never seen him blindsided, he keeps his head on a swivel and has the patience to throw the ball away if he has to.

Oklahoma has a competent kicker and will take a field goal rather than run a 4th down play.

I expect Tide fans are itching to take Oklahoma down since the Sooners have a 3-game win streak versus Alabama.

After having my heart ripped out in the Rose Bowl by Georgia last year, I am not as emotionally invested this time around. I am just hoping for a good game, defined as one where my team is competitive to the end.

Go Sooners!
Welcome and Roll Tide!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I haven't yet done the numbers on this one, so not ready to predict a score. But I do think Bama should win comfortably. And by the way, if you look at the SECCG Score Prediction thread, I called it 35-27 (the closest I have been all year, though).

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Defense steps up in a big way. What was the score of last years Clemson game? Book it. That's my pick. +/- a Field Goal because that's always a toss up.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
BAMA 52 OU 47. Comes down to who has the ball last. Both teams with over 500 yards offense.
I am afraid you are onto something with your prediction. It seems to me to be one of those games where everything points to Bama dominating but once we are into the second quarter we come to realize that it is going to be an all out war to the finish!

Jacie

Dec 7, 2018
I think it will be similar to the beat down of the Okies by Clemson 2 years ago. I believe the score was 37-17.
Clemson is a Sooner nemesis now. I can't say I have a lot of pent up hate for the Tigers, nothing like the way OU fans feel towards Notre Dame, USC, sa*et (I never spell the word when referring to the school in Austin) and the newest member of the club, Oregon. I am just tired of Oklahoma losing to them (OU won 2 regular season games versus Clemson in Norman but, have lost 3 in a row since 88, all of them bowl games).

That 2015 game OU led at the half 17-16 and if not for a ticky tacky personal foul on an OU OL that stalled a drive and a Clemson fake punt that extended one of theirs the lead might have been 21-6.

I am not predicting a win by OU. I will be surprised if Alabama holds the Sooners to 17 points though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.