Is this the best year for Alabama players in the NFL?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It took over a decade, but free agency killed my interest in the NFL.
It has all but killed my interest in MLB, but that is because I don't get attached to players until they get to the Braves (yeah, Braves fan :redface:). Well, the roster churn makes the Braves unrecognizable from one year to the next. Really hard to get invested in MLB right now.

For the NFL - we have a couple of NFL teams in Ohio, but they are terrible and have been most of my life. Mine is a coaching family, with many friends and family members who are or have been professional coaches at every level, including the NFL. I am also a huge college football fan. So I tend to pull for the teams coached by friends/family, and the players that I pulled for when they were in college.

The sport of football is better than any other (for me), and the production of NFL games is incredible. But I understand why some have walked away. But, as I said, Alabama fans in particular have a lot to root for in the NFL right now.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It has all but killed my interest in MLB, but that is because I don't get attached to players until they get to the Braves (yeah, Braves fan :redface:). Well, the roster churn makes the Braves unrecognizable from one year to the next. Really hard to get invested in MLB right now.

For the NFL - we have a couple of NFL teams in Ohio, but they are terrible and have been most of my life. Mine is a coaching family, with many friends and family members who are or have been professional coaches at every level, including the NFL. I am also a huge college football fan. So I tend to pull for the teams coached by friends/family, and the players that I pulled for when they were in college.

The sport of football is better than any other (for me), and the production of NFL games is incredible. But I understand why some have walked away. But, as I said, Alabama fans in particular have a lot to root for in the NFL right now.
The 1990's era Braves were my favorite team all-time nad rival my love for Bama. I don't even watch them play anymore for the reasons you just stated. Glavin, Smoltz, and Maddox together was like having Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Dan Marino on one roster. It was ridiculous. They stayed stable for so long with Javier Lopez, Chipper Jones, Andrew jones and David Justice.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That's how I feel about the NBA as well. I watch the NFL passively though I have traditionally rooted for the Saints. I still enjoy the play of the league but am not an ardent fan.
This is where I've landed. I enjoy seeing all the former Alabama guys doing so well.

I watch less than .01% of all NBA games played, and probably less than .0001% of all MLB games played. It's all over saturated, and I've only go so much free time between work, home life, and Tidefans. I had to make choices.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Free agency has ruined pro sports. Half the time, I forget who is on what team. When I get used to seeing them on a team, they either get traded or switch teams. Seeing a guy stay on one team his entire career is extremely rare. All these great Bama players showing off in the pros is great for the school. I am a fan of all of them. Every team that does not have a Bama player is a team I hope loses every game.

Ridley was having a great season but has suddenly gone a bit cold. I am sure he will turn it around.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Free agency has ruined pro sports. Half the time, I forget who is on what team. When I get used to seeing them on a team, they either get traded or switch teams. Seeing a guy stay on one team his entire career is extremely rare. All these great Bama players showing off in the pros is great for the school. I am a fan of all of them. Every team that does not have a Bama player is a team I hope loses every game.

Ridley was having a great season but has suddenly gone a bit cold. I am sure he will turn it around.
Mark Ingram and Julio Jones have stayed with their teams for a while now. I cannot think of any others.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Free agency has ruined pro sports.
I grew up in Orlando and was a long-time Bucs fan. Throughout the 90's McKay did a good job of keeping the core team together, so we saw little turnover compared to most NFL squads, but after the SB victory, it fell apart as the players all wanted (rightfully) to be paid for their efforts. When they traded Lynch in 2003 it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back - my team had been gutted somewhat by age, but heavily by free-agency and the salary cap, and many of my favorite players were wearing different jerseys.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
You guys who have given up on the Atlanta Braves missed one of the most entertaining seasons of baseball I've ever seen. It was another worst to first and they didn't do it with smoke and mirrors. There are three young position players who are off the charts good and the pitching staff is starting to gel. These guys are gamers and are never out of a game. The Braves aren't on the same level with the Red Sox, Astros, Dodgers, etc. but they are only an ace and a closer away. That ace may be Mike Foltynewicz.

As for the NFL, I can't keep my eyes off of it. The games last night and tonight have been amazing. Bama players are all over the place. Whoever thinks they are a bust isn't watching.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that our players are developed properly and are ready to play in the NFL from day one. That's a huge recruiting advantage for us that we are just about ready to spring on the nation with what might be the best recruiting class (on paper) in history.

rtr

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I grew up in Orlando and was a long-time Bucs fan. Throughout the 90's McKay did a good job of keeping the core team together, so we saw little turnover compared to most NFL squads, but after the SB victory, it fell apart as the players all wanted (rightfully) to be paid for their efforts. When they traded Lynch in 2003 it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back - my team had been gutted somewhat by age, but heavily by free-agency and the salary cap, and many of my favorite players were wearing different jerseys.
When I think of the Bucs and McKay, I think of the older version. Coach McKay had some of the best quotes I can remember in football.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You liked a team in Orange?

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that our players are developed properly and are ready to play in the NFL from day one. That's a huge recruiting advantage for us that we are just about ready to spring on the nation with what might be the best recruiting class (on paper) in history.

rtr
Yes. Need more Levi Wallace in this thread. Walk on. Undrafted. Rookie NFL contributions and a simmering hot last few weeks.

Not all great players are "default Alabama 5 stars".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.