Enos promoted to OC per Football Scoop

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
According to him, he is setting up his staff and recruiting for MD right now, but he will be back and plans to be Alabama's OC for the CFP.
I am pretty sure this has been the protocol with McElwain, Smart, Kiffin, etc and would not expect it to change.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Saban is a really strong Xs and Os guy.

He's and outstanding evaluator of talent and recruiter.

He's the best manager of egos who ever lived.

I can't imagine balancing the egos of kids and egos of the best coaching staff in the country, and ending up with both players and coaches being cohesive units that actually work well together.

I firmly believe Nick Saban could school Dwight Eisenhower and George Marshall on managing highly talented, but incredibly self-absorbed, prima donnas.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I can't imagine balancing the egos of kids and egos of the best coaching staff in the country, and ending up with both players and coaches being cohesive units that actually work well together.

I firmly believe Nick Saban could school Dwight Eisenhower and George Marshall on managing highly talented, but incredibly self-absorbed, prima donnas.
Well said...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That`s indeed saying a great deal. Eisenhower and Marshall are probably recognized as history`s most accomplished at this. Stakes were a tad higher to boot, as in the fate of the world!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
JMO, but he offers a lot more value as a QB coach than an OC, so I assume he will retain that responsibility. This offers Saban some flexibility in his staff. He has the positions covered already.
regardless, he offers infinitely more value on staff in Tuscaloosa than on staff in Knoxville.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is strictly my opinion, but I have more confidence in Coach Enos than any other OC in the Saban era. While they all were good in their own way, I just get the feeling that CNS and CDE are truly on the same page. I really believe CDE knows exactly how CNS wants the offense to operate and, will require less oversight than the prior OCs.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
This is strictly my opinion, but I have more confidence in Coach Enos than any other OC in the Saban era. While they all were good in their own way, I just get the feeling that CNS and CDE are truly on the same page. I really believe CDE knows exactly how CNS wants the offense to operate and, will require less oversight than the prior OCs.
That's kind of how I saw it as well. Who knows whether I am right or wrong? Guess we will find out next year!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
That`s indeed saying a great deal. Eisenhower and Marshall are probably recognized as history`s most accomplished at this. Stakes were a tad higher to boot, as in the fate of the world!
Watchoo tawkin ‘bout?!?! This is football!

Seriously, I thought about that when I wrote the post. Understanding the consequences of being wrong were light years greater, I figured the daily challenges of managing Monty and Patton couldn’t have been a lot harder than Saban faced with Kiffin, Rolando McClain, and Ruben Foster.

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'm actually excited about this promotion. Not sure why, but I think Enos is going to be one of the best OC's we have had under Saban.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I really agree. I think this was why Saban brought him in when he did.

bamafan1966

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2017
As it has been said many times before CNS is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers. Like any successful CEO he has a succession plan complete with three depth options to replace departing coaches. Coach Enos gave Bama's defense fits at Arkansas with much less talent and IMO he was hired to ultimately become the OC. I expect to see explosive plays in the passing game but going forward the running game will be utilized more under Coach Enos and he loves to throw to the TE. Its fun scoring 50+ points a game but winning by a comfortable margin while utilizing a balanced game plan to allow the defense time to rest is vital to a dominating team.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
As it has been said many times before CNS is playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers. Like any successful CEO he has a succession plan complete with three depth options to replace departing coaches. Coach Enos gave Bama's defense fits at Arkansas with much less talent and IMO he was hired to ultimately become the OC. I expect to see explosive plays in the passing game but going forward the running game will be utilized more under Coach Enos and he loves to throw to the TE. Its fun scoring 50+ points a game but winning by a comfortable margin while utilizing a balanced game plan to allow the defense time to rest is vital to a dominating team.
With our running backs and irv Smith as tight end we will still score 50+.

Last edited:

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
If Patton wasn't "managed" by Eisenhower he would have gotten to Berlin before the Soviets and then he would have occupied Moscow.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If Patton wasn't "managed" by Eisenhower he would have gotten to Berlin before the Soviets and then he would have occupied Moscow.
And if H. T. had not "managed" Douglas MacArthur, the General may have been sitting in a recliner in Peking/Beijing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.