Enos promoted to OC per Football Scoop

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Good. There won't be any drop off between now and Playoff. Ease the burden for Locksley as he juggles two jobs. I'm curious to see who will be Co-OC with Eno. I'm guessing Gattis.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No problem with this at all. He's a quality OC and he earned his paycheck by rebuilding Jalen Hurts into someone who could burn a great defense with his arm.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Had to do it or lose him. Wonder if he will call plays, or Gattis. Assume that they will both be Co-OCs or Gattis walks.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Had to do it or lose him. Wonder if he will call plays, or Gattis. Assume that they will both be Co-OCs or Gattis walks.
This is what I hope, too. Gattis needs to be retained not only for coaching reasons but recruiting.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think the notion has always been there that Gattis would get an opportunity to be Co-OC eventually. I think it may be both developing plays... but Eno will call plays... One thing about Eno... he is little of a old school... .I'm hoping he is very flexible with our playbook.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Will Enos also still be the QB coach? If so, doesn't that open up a coaching position?
I would think so since he has done such a good job. So, yes another on-field is technically open.

This is what I hope, too. Gattis needs to be retained not only for coaching reasons but recruiting.
If Gattis does not get the App. State HC, I suspect he stays with a 'promotion' and more $

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Will Enos also still be the QB coach? If so, doesn't that open up a coaching position?
JMO, but he offers a lot more value as a QB coach than an OC, so I assume he will retain that responsibility. This offers Saban some flexibility in his staff. He has the positions covered already.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think this was Saban’s succession plan at OC all along. Lock has been great, but with this talent pool to work with I think it was a given that he would get a HC opportunity after this past season.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I am not sure how next year will look, though. I think that Coach really likes Enos sitting with the qb's on the sidelines, and I think the OC needs to be upstairs. He had Kiffin on the sidelines but that's before we could have ten coaches.

Maybe we hire another qb expert?

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.